Research of medical and social portrait of the patient and priority among schemes of the antiretroviral therapy in the national regional AIDS centers
To achieve the purpose of the UNAIDS «90–90–90» in fighting against the epidemic of HIV/AIDS in Ukraine, among other things, an actual task nowadays is the research of medical and social portrait of people with HIV (PWH) to find ways to raise their motivation for testing and treatment, as well as special features of appointment the antiretroviral therapy (ART) in national health care facilities (HCF) based on real data. It became the purpose of the research. The object of the analysis was a sample of 1 200 control cards (of clinical supervision of an HIV-infected person) (form № 030-5/o) of patients, who were consisting on the account in the HCF, which conduct medical surveillance of PWH, 12 regions of Ukraine: Odessa, Kiev, Mykolaiv, Kherson, c. Kiev, Zaporizhia, Vinnytsia, Rivne, Kharkiv, Lviv, Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk on July–September 2016. In each center have been processed 100 cards of patients who received ART. Cards for retrospective analysis have been determined by random selection and with the closure of the personal data.
In this study we used an analytical, systematic and logical, ABC analysis as main research methods.
According to the results of a retrospective analysis, we have a portrait of the HIV-positive person on ART. It is equally male (51%) or female (49%), aged 31–50 years (76%). If the person is older, the chances of living in areas of higher HIV prevalence increases in Odessa, Mykolaiv, Dnipro regions. In 67% of cases the person is in 3rd or 4th clinical stages and 84% is workable with unlimited activity and high adherence to ART (93%). The person at 59% will require the prevention or treatment of tuberculosis, because 15% gets the prevention of tuberculosis or received it during the current year; one third likely that it had previously been an injection drug user (29%) or are infected with hepatitis C virus (32%). There is a lack of unified approaches to completing the Control cards of the oversight of an HIV-infected person by specialists of the national AIDS centers, and not observed the same criteria in the prescribing ART to patients in the regions of Ukraine. And the priority schemes of ART in Ukraine is outlined in 6 combinations: 1l – TDF + FTC + EFV (26,6%), 1D – AZT + ZTS + LPV/r (17,5%), 1A – AZT + ZTS + EFV (13%), 1P – TDF + ZTS + EFV (of 9.84%), 1o – TDF + FTC + LPV/r (8,92%), 1P – AVS + ZTS + LPV/r (6,5%), which made the group A by prescribing according to the Pareto approach, because they took totally 82% of patients.
2. Joint United Nations Program on HIV / AIDS (UNAIDS) 2014 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/ JC2686_WAD2014report_en.pdf
3. Fast-Track Commitments to End AIDS by 2030 (2016) [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/fast-track-commitments_en.pdf
4. Shcherbinskaya AM, Andrianova IV, Nichuk L.O. Strategy of development of laboratory service in the context of achieving the goals of Fast Trek // Preventive medicine: epidemiology, microbiology, virology, parasitology, infectious diseases. - 2016 - No. 3-4 (27). - P. 170-171.
5. WHO. - Guideline is when to start antiretroviral therapy and pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV, 2015 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.hivreforminaction.org/wpcontent/uploads/2015/12/Deloitte_4_UKR_final_PRINT1.pdf
6. The Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 22.12.2015 № 887 "On Approval of the Changes to the Clinical Protocol for the Treatment of HIV-infected ART in Adults and Adolescents" [Electronic Resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.moz.gov.ua/docfiles/dn_20151222_0887dod.pdf
7. Newsletter № 45 "HIV-infection in Ukraine": State Enterprise "Ukrainian Center for the Control of Socially Dangerous Diseases of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine", State Enterprise "Institute of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases named after M.Sc. L.V. Gromashevsky National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine ". - 2016. - pp. 45, 47.
8. Resolution of the Third National Scientific and Practical Conference on HIV / AIDS in Ukraine "For Every Life Together: Accelerating to the Purpose of 90-90-90" (21-23.11.2016, Kiev) [Electronic resource] . - Access mode: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Z8D6f23ss9MVJHWkhYQjRj UVE / view
9. Janishin U. Ya. Pharmaceutical support for the treatment of syphilis, gonorrhea, HIV / AIDS. Author's abstract. dis ... Candidate farm Sciences: 15.00.01 / Lviv. nats honey. Un-them them D. Halytsky - Lviv, 2009. - 24 p.
10. Boyko A.I. Pharmacoeconomic analysis of protease inhibitors used for treatment of HIV-infected patients in Ukraine // Pharmac. journ - 2010. - No. 4. - P. 18-27.
11. Nemchenko A. S., Kosyachenko K. L., Korzh Yu. V. Method of pharmacoeconomic evaluation of new technologies of pharmacotherapy for patients with HIV / / Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy. - 2012. - No. 1. - P. 72-77.
12. Revolutionize Healthcare with Real-World Evidence (RWE), 2016 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.imsconsultinggroup.com/en/solution-areas/real-world-evidence
13. Managing Access to Medical Innovation: Strengthening the Methodology-Policy Nexus / ISPOR 19th Annual European Congress, 29 October-2 November 2016, Austria Center Vienna, Program & Schedule of Events [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://www.ispor.org/congresses/2016Vienna/Congress_Program_web.pdf
14. Pinyazhko OB. Analysis of real data of prescribing of drugs at common gynecological diseases in Ukraine // Pharmac. magazine. - 2016 - No. 3-4. - P. 29-41.
15. DU "Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine": Operational information on officially registered cases of HIV infection, AIDS and the number of deaths caused by AIDS in October 2016 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://ucdc.gov.ua/uploads/documents/83da57/ 1759fb8cc6317c0fd40ccd999c0e623a.pdf
16. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated March 21, 2012, No. 182 "On Approval of Forms of Primary Accounting Documentation and Reporting on Monitoring the Treatment of HIV-Infected Persons and Instructions for their Filing" [Electronic Resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0794-12
17. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 07.04.2008 No. 187 "On approval of temporary forms of accounting and reporting on monitoring of HIV / AIDS treatment and instructions for their filling" [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0187282-08
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.