Analysis of evidence-based information about herbal medicines used for treatment of pregnancy
WHO adopted the "Strategy traditional medicine: 2014-2013", that provides the development of databases (knowledge base) of traditional herbal medicines for use in national Drug policy.
The goal of this article was to study the system of evidence-based information about the herbal medicines, which included in international centers, databases during 2010–2016 years.
The object of the study was the evidence-based information about herbal medicines, in particular, which were used during pregnancy.
A significant increase in evidence-based information about the plants, especially in the American center and MedlinePlus database of herbal preparations was on 78%. Data on the evidence-based effectiveness and safety of plants used during pregnancy was ranked number allocated frequency of prescribing plants depending on the continent.
Monitoring of evidence-based information about herbal medicines is required for the revision of the State formulary of drugs, treatment protocols, and to create a specialized evidence-based computer resource of the plant medicines used in domestic practice.
2. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine: in 3 tons / DP "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for the Quality of Medicines". 2nd view. - Kharkiv: State Enterprise "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for the Quality of Medicinal Products", 2014 - T. 1. - 728 s .; T. 2. - 724 s .; T. 3. - 732 pp.
3. Shostak T. A., Kalinuk T. G., Gudz N. I. Features of pharmaceutical development of herbal preparations (Review of literature) // Phytotherapy. - 2014. - No. 4. - P. 77-82.
4. Guidelines for the Evaluation of Herbal Medicines. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1991 (WHO / TRM / 91.4) [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: hptt: //who.int/hq/1991/WHO_TRM_91
5. Legal status of traditional medicine and complementary / alternative medicine: a global review (document WHO / EDM / TRM / 2001.2). Geneva, World Health Organization, 2001 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Jh2943e/7.20.html#Jh2943e.7.20
6. WHO guidelines on the development of consumer information on the proper use of traditional, complementary and alternative medicine. Geneva, WHO, 2004 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Js5525e/
7. WHO traditional medicine strategy 2014-2023 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/92455/1/9789241506090_eng.pdf?ua=1
8. Kobzar A. Ya. Pharmacognosy in medicine: Teaching. Manual. - K .: Medicine, 2007. - 543 p.
9. Makuh Kh. I., Rivak T. B., Zimenkovsky A. B. and others. Scientific substantiation of the expediency of further inclusion of herbal medicinal products in the State Medicinal Products Formulary // Pharmac. journ - 2010. - No. 1. - P. 31-35.
10. Makukh H. I. Clinical and pharmaceutical substantiation of the model of rational phytotherapy in the health care of Ukraine. Author's abstract. dis ... Candidate farm Sciences: special 15:00:01. - Lviv, 2013. - 24 p.
11. Garnik TP, T. M. Boychuk, O. I. Voloshin and others. Preparations of plant origin at comorbid states in complex, preventive and medical rehabilitation in the practice of a family doctor / / Achievements of clinical and experimental medicine. - 2016. - No. 2. - P. 115-116.
12. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://nccih.nih.gov/
13. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com/
14. Traditional Medicine: Definitions [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/traditional/definitions/en/
15. Duguoa J-J. Natural Health Products (NHPs) in Pregnancy and Lactation: A Review of the Landscape and Blueprint for Change. - Toronto, 2011 - 839
16. Mills E., Duguoa J-J, Perri D., Koren G. Herbal medicines in pregnancy and lactation: An evidence-based approach. - London; New York: Taylor & Francis, 2006 - 367 pp.
17. Dugoua J. J. Herbal medicines and pregnancy // J. Popul. Ther Clin Pharmacol - 2010. - V. 17, N 3. - P. 370-378.
18. John L. J., Shantakumari N. Herbal Medicines During Pregnancy: A Review from the Middle East // Oman Med. J. - 2015. - V. 30, N 4. - P. 229-236.
19. Kennedy D. A., Lupattelli A., Koren G., Nordeng H. Safety classification of herbal medicines used in pregnancy in a multinational study // BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. - 2016. - V. 16. - R. 102.
20. Kennedy D. A., Lupattelli A., Koren G., Nordeng H. Herbal medicine in pregnancy: results of a multinational study // BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. - 2013. - V. 13. - P. 355.
21. Heitmann K., Nordeng H., Holst L. Safety of ginger use in pregnancy: results from a large population-based cohort study // Europ. J. Clin. Pharmacol - 2013. - V. 69, N 2. - R. 269-277.
22. Matthews A., Haas D. M., O'Mathúna D. P. et al. Interventions for nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy // Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. - 2014. - V. 3. - CD007575.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.