The investigation ассumulation of polyphenolic compounds in herbs of Carduus nutans L. of Ukraine flora
The study of promising plant raw materials during the growing period and development of effective modern methods of standartization are great theoretical and practical significance. The biological activity of the species of the genus Carduus L. is associated with polyphenolic compounds.
The aim of the work was to study the accumulation and quantitative content of flavonoids in flowers and upper leaves of Carduus nutans L. grass of Ukrainian flora in flowering period. A detection was conducted by chemical reactions, paper and thin layer chromatography on Aluminium oxide 150 F 254 (0.20 mm) (MERCK) (Germany) plates, HPLC on Agilent 1260 Infinity HPLC System, Open LAB CDS Software (Japan). The systems: benzol‒ethyl-acetate‒acetic acid‒formamide (70:30:2:1), ethyl-acetate‒methane acid‒acetic acid‒water distilled (100:11:11:27), chloroform–methanol‒acetic acid‒water distilled (6:2:0,1:0,1), ethyl-acetate‒methyl-ethyl ketone‒methane acid‒water distilled (50:30:10:10) were applied. The chromatograms were dried on the device УСП-2 ООО ИМИД (t = 30 °С) and viewed in UV light. For HPLC method chromatographic column (l = 150 мм), (d = 2,1 мм) with sorbent ZORBAX-SB C-18 (30 мм × 4,6 мм; d = 1,8 мкм) was applied. Liquid chromatographic fases: А – H2O, 0.1% TFA; B ‒ CH3CN, 0.1% TFA.
The identification of flavonoids and their quantitative content was conducted by spectrophotometer Specord-200 Analytic Jena UV-vis (Germany) up λ = 330 nм. Prevailing content there were flavonoids derivates of apigenine. The spectrophotometry method Carduus nutans L. grass plant raw material standardization by content of the apigenine-7-О-β-D-glycosidе was proposed.
In the result by methods of chemical analysis, paper, thin layer, high pressure liquid chromatography the accumulation of flavonoids in herbal raw materials of Carduus nutans L. it was determined. For the first time a method of standartization of herbal raw material with contents of apigenin flavonoid derivates, apigenine-7-О-β-D-glycosidе was proposed. The plant raw materials of Carduus nutans L. rationally harvested in june-july month of the year.
2. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. / State Scientific and Experimental Pharmacopoeia Center. First view. - Kharkiv: RIREG, 2004. - 556 p.
3. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. Extra 1. / State Scientific and Experimental Pharmacopoeia Center. First view. - Kharkiv: RIREG, 2004. - 520 p.
4. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. Extra 2. / State Scientific and Experimental Pharmacopoeia Center. First view. - Kharkiv: RIREG, 2004. - 617 pp.
5. Kosev P. A. Medicinal plants: the most comprehensive reference book. - M .: Eksmo-Press, 2011. - 939 p.
6. Dobrochayeva D. N. and others. Determiner of higher plants of Ukraine / Ed. Yu N. N. Prokudin. - K .: Science. opinion, 1987. - 548 p.
7. Tsvulev N. N. The determinant of vascular plants of Northwest Russia. - SPb .: Izvd. SPUVA, 2000. - 781 p.
8. Dimitrova-Dyalgerova I., Zheley I., Mihaylova D. Phenolic profile and in vitro antioxidant activity of endemic Bulgarian Carduus species // Pharmacognosy Magazine. - 2015. - V. 11, N 4. - P. 575-579.
9. Jordon-Thaden E. E., Louda S. M. Chemistry of Cirsium and Carduus: A role in ecological risk assessment for biological control of weeds // Biochemical systematic and Ecology. - 2003. - V. 31, N 12. - P. 1353-1396.
10. Rauschert E. S. J., Shea K., Bjornstad O. N. Coexistence patterns of two invasive species, Carduus nutans and C. acanthoides, at three spatial scales // Biol. Invasion - 2012. - V. 14, N l. - R. 151-164.
11. Mirik M., Ansley R. J., Steddom K. et al. Remote Distinction of a Noxious Weed (Musk Thistle: Carduus nutans) Using Airborne Hyperspectral Imagery and the Support Vector Machine Classifier // Remote Sensing. - 2013. - V. 5, N 2. - P. 612-630.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.