Pharmacological activity of red clover dry extract on experimental hypertriglyceridemia in rats
Hypolipidemic and antioxidant activity of red clover dry extract was studied in 6 mg/kg and 25 mg/kg doses on on experimental hypertriglyceridemia model in rats. Decrease of cholesterol, total lipids, triglycerides, low-density lipoproteins and increase of high-density lipoproteins level was identified after admition of both doses. Analysis of TBA-active compounds, reduced gluthatione and katalase level indicates antioxidant activity of red clover dry extract. Morphological studies indicate positive effects of analyzed object on structure of liver of experimental animals.
2. Kovalevskaya IV, Ruban OA, Chueshov VI, Kuhtenko OS etc. // Bulletin of Pharmacy. - 2008. - No. 3 (55). - P. 50-52.
3. The concept of the state program of prevention and treatment of cardiovascular and vascular-brain diseases for 2006-2010 from March 16, 2006 No. 152-p // Pharmacy. - 2006. - № 24. - P. 78.
4. MA Korolyuk, LI Ivanova, IG Mayorov, VE Tokarev // Laboratory work. - 1988. - № 1. - P. 16-19.
5. SN Lapach, AV Chubenko, PN Babich Statistical Methods in Biomedical Research Using Excel. - 2001. - 320 p.
6. Method for determining glucose and glycogen with anthrone. Workshop on Biochemistry / Ed. Meshkova NP and Severina SE - Moscow University Press, 1979 - pp. 41-43.
7. Richter, F., Sitter, V.D., Rassoul, Schultz, G., Seim, G., Loester, G., and Rothsch, V. Pharmacology and Current Sycology. - 1985. - № 4. - P. 74-75.
8. Robins S.J. Correction of lipid disorders. Basic principles and practical implementation of therapeutic interventions // Per. with English. - M .: Medicine, 2001. - 192 p.
9. Rybolovlev Yu.R., Rybolovlev RS Dosage of substances for mammals by constants of biological activity // Reports of the USSR Academy of Sciences. - 1979. - T. 247. - № 6. - P. 1513-1516.
10. Steel ID, Garishvili TG // Modern methods in biochemistry. - M .: Medicine, 1977. - P. 66-68.
11. Kharchenko N., Anokhina S. // Medicines of Ukraine. - 2004. - № 11. - P. 32-35.
12. Beutler E.D., Duron Q., Kelly B.M. // J. Laboratories Clinical Medicine. - 1963 - Vol. 61, Ns 5. - P. 882.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.