The effect of dry extract of cabbage garden on the local non-specific proteinase-inhibitory potential of the mucous membrane of the stomach on the model of acute gastric ulcer
Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum is a complex gastroenterological disease multifactorial in pathogenesis. One of the key components of non-specific inflammation in peptic ulcer disease is the activation of proteinases in the gastric mucosa and their interaction with proteinase inhibitors, which determines the degree of proteolytic aggression in terms of the development of destructive changes in the tissues that they damage.
The aim of the work was to study the effect of dry extract of cabbage garden on the components of the proteinase-inhibitor system in experimental gastric ulcer.
The effect of dry extract of cabbage garden on the local non-specific proteinase-inhibitory potential of the gastric mucosa was studied on the model of acute alcohol-prednisolone ulcers. Dry extract of cabbage garden at a dose of 50 mg/kg and comparison drugs – omeprazole and altan were administered intragastrically once a day for 7 days from the second day of the experiment. On the 8th day, elastase-like, trypsin-like activity and acid-stable inhibitors in the swabs from the stomach and intestines, biopsy samples of the gastric mucosa from the esophagus and fundus, and small intestine were determined.
It has been established that with an experimental alcohol-prednisolone gastric ulcer, a local non-specific proteinase-inhibitory system is involved in the mechanism of mucosal damage. At the same time, the level of trypsin-like and elastase-like activity of gastric juice increases and the activity of acid-stable inhibitors decreases, which normally suppress the enzymatic activity of proteinases. According to the effect on the non-specific proteinase-inhibitor system, the dry cabbage extract was significantly superior to altan and not inferior to omeprazole. The most pronounced effect of normalizing the activity of nonspecific proteinases and their inhibitors was established using a combination of dry cabbage extract with omeprazole. One of the mechanisms of the antiulcer action of the dry cabbage extract is its effect on the local nonspecific proteinase-inhibitory potential of the gastric mucosa.
In the model of acute alcohol-prednisolone gastric ulcer, dry extract of cabbage garden caused a decrease in the activity of local non-specific proteolytic enzymes and activation of proteinase inhibitors of the gastric mucosa and duodenum, exceeding the activity of altan. Under the combined use of the dry extract of cabbage and omeprazole, a complete normalization of the state of the local non-specific proteinase-inhibitory potential of the gastroduodenal zone was observed.
2. Kalynyna A. M., Homova T. A., Kushunyna D. V. y dr. Profylaktycheskaia aktyvnost patsyentov polyklynyk kak vazhni faktor еffektyvnosty dyspanseryzatsyy y dyspansernoho nabliudenyia: rehyonalni opіt // Profylaktycheskaia medytsyna. – 2015. – № 2. – S. 4–10. https://doi.org/10.17116/profmed20151824-10
3. Ocheredko O. M., Kizlova N. M. Medyko-sotsialne obgruntuvannia prohramy reabilitatsii khvorykh z vyrazkovoiu khvoroboiu shlunka ta dvanadtsiatypaloi kyshky // Eksperymentalna i klin. medytsyna. – 2015. – Vyp. 3. – S. 168–172.
4. Hastroеnterolohyia. Natsyonalnoe rukovodstvo. Kratkoe yzdanye / Рod red. V. T. Yvashkyna, T. L. Lapynoi. – M.: HЕOTAR-Medya, 2015. – 480 s.
5. Kalinichenko Yu. A., Bobrysheva I. V., Bobrysheva A. O. Osoblyvosti zmin slyzovoi obolonky verkhnikh viddiliv shlunkovo-kyshkovoho traktu shchuriv pry eksperymentalnomu stresovomu urazhenni // Visn. problem biolohii i medytsyny. – 2012. – Vyp. 1 (91). – S. 128–131.
6. Iakovlieva L. V., Obolentseva H. V., Briuzghinova L. P. Eksperymentalne vyvchennia novykh protyvyrazkovykh preparativ / Doklinichni doslidzhennia likarskykh zasobiv. Metod. rek. / Za red. chl.-kor. AMN Ukrainy O. V. Stefanova. – K.: Avitsena, 2001. – S. 321–333.
7. Kubyshkin A. V., Kharchenko V. Z., Semenets P. F. Metody vyznachennia aktyvnosti nespetsyfichnykh proteinaz ta yikh inhibitoriv u syrovattsi krovi i biolohichnykh ridynakh. – K.: Eksmed, 2010. – 28 s.
8. Anysymova L. V. Znachennia mistsevykh nespetsyfichnykh proteolitychnykh mekhanizmiv u rozvytku vyrazkovykh urazhen shlunkovo-kyshkovoho traktu. Avtoref. dys. … kand. med. nauk.: 14.03.04 / Don. nats. med. un-t im. M. Horkoho MOZ Ukrainy, Donetsk, 2008. – 18 s.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.