Legislative basis and clinical usage of narcotic (opioid) analgetics in palliative and hospice medicine: current status and urgent problems
In the article the current legislative documents that control the usage of narcotic (opioid) analgetics in palliative and hospice medicine are considered. The inference is made of the insufficient availability in Ukraine of the modern effective opioids that ensure pain relief in palliative oncological patients. The measures worked out by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health that provide the facilitation of analgetic opioids availability for terminal palliative patients are presented.
2. Palliative care // Ed. Elizabeth Davies, Irene J.Higginson. - WHO. WHO Regional Office for Europe. Scherfigsvej 8, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark. - 2005. - 32 p.
3. Demographic situation in Ukraine (analytical and statistical reference book) // Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Center for Medical Statistics of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. PLUshupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Ministry of Health of Ukraine. - K. - 2007. - 88 p.
4. Medical-demographic situation and organization of medical assistance to the population. Results of activity of health care system of Ukraine for 2008 // ed. VM Knyazevich. - K., Ministry of Health of Ukraine. - 2009.
- 122 p.
5. Libanova EM // Scientific and practical approaches to the coordinated solution of socio-economic problems of the Chernobyl disaster. Mate. scientific-practical Conf. - K .: SOPS of Ukraine, NAS of Ukraine. - 1995. - P. 29-31.
6. Palliative care for cancer patients // Ed. prof. GA Novikov, Acad. RAMS, prof. VI Chissova. - M .: “Quality of Life Medicine” Ltd. - 2006. - 192 p.
7. Bobrov OE // The doctor. - 2008. - № 6 (12). - pp. 12-18.
8. Approaching Death: Improving Care at the End of Life // Marilyn J. Field and Christine K. Cassel, Editors; Committee on Care at the End of Life, Institute of Medicine. 1997. P. 456.
9. Lebovits, A.H., Lefkowitz, M., McCarthy, D., et al. The Prevalence and Management of Pain in AIDS Patients: A Review of 134 Cases. Clinical Journal of Pain 5 (3): 245-248, 1989.
10. Drugs and psychotropic drugs. Achieving equilibrium in the National Opioid Control Policy. Assessment recommendations. - WHO, 2000. - 31 p.
11. Pain & Policy Studies Group. Availability of Opioid Analgesics in the World and Europe, with special focus on: Armenia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine. University of Wisconsin Pain & Policy Studies Group / WHO Cancer Care Collaborating Center for Policy and Communications; Madison, Wisconsin, USA. 2008. (Monograph). - P 1-27.
12. Abuzarova GR // Medicine in Kuzbass. - 2009. - № 1. - P. 5-6.
13. Ankina TI, Berezikov VA etc. // Medicine in Kuzbass. - 2009. - № 1. - P. 7-8.
14. Gubsky Yu.I., Tsarenko AV, Skorina OO, Serdyuk VG, Bobrov OE, Wolf OO // In Sat. Right to Medical Care in Ukraine - 2008. Kharkiv Human Rights Group. - Kharkiv: Human Rights, 2009.
- P. 224-266.
15. Lazoryshynets VV, Dyachuk DD, Gubsky Yu.I. Actual Problems of Health Care Management in Ukraine / Mat. All-Ukrainian. Research Practice a seminar of the chief doctors of medical establishments. - Alushta. - 2008. - P. 75-81.
16. Mytnik ZM, Gubsky YI, Tsarenko AV, Bobrov OE, Serdyuk VG, Kollyakova NO // X Congress VULT. 24 - 27/09/2009 - Ukrainian Medical News. - 2009. - Т 8. - № 1-4 (68-71). - P. 323 - 324.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.