Comparative analysis of fatty acids content of zea mays top and earthnut
By means of the gas-liquid chromatography method the qualitative composition and the quantitative content of fatty acids have been determined in the leaves, stems and roots of Zea mays. In the course of our study 10 saturated and unsaturated fatty acids have been identified in the corn leaves by GLC, 9 fatty acids - in the stems of Zea mays and 8 fatty acids - in the roots of Zea mays. Palmitic acid dominates among saturated fatty acids in all samples. Among unsaturated fatty acids linoleic acid dominates in stems and roots of Zea mays; linolenic acid dominates in the leaves.
2. Kharchenko L.N. Determination of the fatty acid composition of vegetable oils by gas-liquid chromatography. - V.zh: "Oil-fat industry." M. - 1968. - No. 12. - S. 38-40.
3. Arnoldi A. Functional foods, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Cambridge England. Woodhead Publishing, 2004: 488.
4. Karpiuk U.V., Omelchenko Z.I., Kislichenko V.S. // Herba polonica. - 2009. - V 55. - No. 1. - P. 43-52.
5. Lockwood B. Nutraceuticals: A quide for healthcare professionals. - 2nd ed. - London: Pharmaceutical Press, 2007. - 426 p.
6. Schwartz J. // Am. J. Clin. Nutr. - 2000. - Vol. 71. - No. 1. - P. 393-396.
7. Wyk van B.E. Food plants of the world: identification, culinary uses and nutritional value. - Pretoria, South Africa: Briza Publications. - 2005. - 480 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.