Research of medicinal products of the nsaid of the pharmaceutical market in Ukraine for the period 2014–2018
Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are groups of different chemical structures of drugs (derivatives of acids) that are widely used in clinical practice. More than three million people in the world take NSAIDs every day.
The aim of the study – аnalysis of the range and target characteristics of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the Ukrainian pharmaceutical market during 2014–2018.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, presented on the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine for 2014–2017, were selected as research objects. The research used retail prices, according to the «Pharmstandard» system of the «Morion» company.
NSAIDs in Ukraine during 2014–2018 were represented from 302 to 419 TN based on 32 INN. Diclofenac was also represented by the largest number of trade names, due to its distinct efficacy, less toxicity among the most effective drugs and the low cost of domestic generic drugs. Fewer TN than Diclofenac but more than the bulk of NSAIDs in the market were presented by the following INNs – meloxicam, ibuprofen, nimesulide and a combination of glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate.
A large selection of NSAIDs has been identified in the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine. Imported Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are more represented. These drugs have a wide range of prices that allow you to optimize your treatment costs. The prices of NSAIDs for researched period had increase. The reason can be in conditions of political and socio-economic crisis in the country
2. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. URL: www.ukrstat.gov.ua
3. Dovidnyk «Kompendium 2015». URL: https://compendium.com.ua/uk/
4. Kotvitska A. A., Kostyuk V. G. Marketing dostandzhennya pharmaceutical market nonsterone protizapalnih lіkarskih sites // Pharmac. Chronicle. – 2016. – № 2. – S. 48–53.
5. Opeka pacienta v praktike vracha i provizora. Rukovodstvo po primeneniyu lekarstvennyh sredstv: posobie / Pod red. I. A. Zupanca, V. P. Chernyh. – K.: Ukrainskij medicinskij vestnik. – 2011. – 480 s.
6. Yakovleva L. V., Bezdetko N. V., Gerasimova O. A. i dr. Farmakoehkonomika: ucheb. posobie dlya vneaudit. i audit. raboty stud. / Pod red. L. V. Yakovlevoj. – Kharkiv: NFaU, 2014. – 123 s.
7. Brune and Patrignani P. New insights into the use of currently available non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs // J. Pain Res. – 2015. – P. 105. https://doi.org/10.2147/JPR.S75160
8. Gómez-Acebo I., Dierssen-Sotos T., de Pedro M. et al. Epidemiology of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs consumption in Spain. The MCC-Spain study // BMC Public Health. – 2018. – V. 18, N 1. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.160.6.777
9. Goldstein J., Cryer B. Gastrointestinal injury associated with NSAID use: a case study and review of risk factors and preventative strategies // Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety. – 2015. – Р. 31. https://doi.org/10.2147/DHPS.S71976
10. Hunter L., Wood D. and Dargan. The patterns of toxicity and management of acute nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) overdose // Open Access Emergency Medicine. – 2011. – Р. 39. https://doi.org/10.2147/OAEM.S22795
11. Kowalski M., Makowska J. Seven Steps to the Diagnosis of NSAIDs Hypersensitivity: How to Apply a New Classification in Real Practice? // Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Research. – 2015. – V. 7, N 4. – P. 312. https://doi.org/10.4168/aair.2015.7.4.312
12. Simon L. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and their risk: a story still in development // Arthritis Research & Therapy. – 2013. – V. 15, Suppl. 3. – P. S1. https://doi.org/10.1186/ar4173
13. Zhou Y., Boudreau D., Freedman A. Trends in the use of aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the general U. S. Population // Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. – 2013. – V. 23, N 1. – P. 43–50. https://doi.org/10.1002/pds.3463
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.