Cariesprophylactic and periodontoprotective action of octenidine hexafluorosilicate in rats obtained with cariesogenic ration
In recent years, ammonium hexafluorosilicate and hexafluorosilicates of organic amonium cations are actively studied, which demonstrate certain advantages over traditional compounds of fluorine. Previously, it was shown that hexafluorosilicates with bactericidal cations of chlorhexidine, polyhexamethyleneguanidine and cetylpyridinium effectively reduce the number and depth of carious lesions of teeth in rats and at the same time significantly improve the biochemical parameters of the pulp of the teeth.
The aim of the work – study of the cariesprophylactic and periodontoprotective effectiveness of octenidine hexafluorosilicate.
The investigated preparations were applied to the teeth and gums of rats in the composition of phyto-gels based on Na-salt of carboxymethylcellulose. In the slurry of the incisors, the activity of alkaline (ALP) and acidic (ACP) phosphatases, elastase, lysozyme was determined and the mineralizing index (MI) was calculated. The number and depth of carious lesions of the teeth were counted and caries of prophylactic efficacy (CPE) were calculated. In the gums, the level of malonic dialdehyde (MDA), activity of elastase, catalase, lysozyme and urease was determined. The degree of dysbiosis and the antioxidant-prooxidant index of the API were calculated. The degree of atrophy of the alveolar process was determined and the periodontitis protective efficiency (PPE) was calculated.
The effect of octenidine hexafluorosilicate on the damage to the caries of the teeth of rats receiving CGR was shown. It has been shown that octenidine hexafluorosilicate has caries prophylactic action, as evidenced by its stronger anti-carious effect in comparison with NaF. The results of the determination of the depth of carious lesions in the slurry of the incisors and the activity of phosphatase showed that octenidine hexafluorosilicate significantly increases the activity of ALP and ACP but has no effect on the mineralizing index of MI. Octenidine hexafluorosilicate significantly increases the activity of elastase in the pulp and reduces the activity of lysozyme. CPE of octenidine hexafluorosilicate is higher than that of NaF by more than 1.7 times. In the gingival rats of octenidine hexafluorosilicate causes a significant decrease in the marker of inflammation – elastase. The degree of dysbiosis in the gums of rats receiving CGR increases by 1.73 times and decreases to practically intact rats after octenidine hexafluorosilicate gel applications and vice versa, catalase activity and API index significantly decrease in CGR, and when gel application is increased to intact rats. It is shown that the sucrose diet significantly increases the degree of atrophy (by 31%), and octenidine hexafluorosilicate reduces the degree of atrophy by 17%. It has been established that octenidine hexafluorosilicate has a significant (54.7%) PPE.
The results of studying the properties of octenidine hexafluorosilicate indicate its rather high cariesprophylactic efficacy and periodontal protective effect, which makes it possible to treat it as a potential treatment and prevention of caries and periodontal diseases.
2. O’Mullane D. M., Baez R. J., Jones S. et al. Fluoride and Oral Health // Community Dental Health. – 2016. – V. 33. – P. 69–99. https://doi.org/10.1922/CDH_3707O’Mullane31
3. Suge T., Kawasaki A., Ishikawa K. et al. Ammonium hexafluorosilicate elicits calcium phosphate precipitation and shows continuous dentin tubule occlusion // Dent. Mater. – 2008. – V. 24, N 2. – P. 192–198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2007.03.009
4. Hosoya Y., Tadokore K., Otani H. et al. Effect of ammonium hexafluorosilicate application for arresting caries treatment on demineralized primary tooth enamel // J. Oral Science. – 2013. – V. 55, N 2. – P. 115–121. https://doi.org/10.2334/josnusd.55.115
5. Savas S., Kucukyılmaz E., Celik E. U., Ates M. Effects of different antibacterial agents on enamel in a biofilm caries model // J. Oral Science. – 2015. – V. 57, N 4. – P. 367–372. https://doi.org/10.2334/josnusd.57.367
6. Gelmboldt V. O., Anisimov V. Yu. Amoniievi heksaftorosylikaty: novyi typ antykariiesnykh ahentiv // Farmats. zhurn. – 2018. – № 5–6. – S. 48–69. https://doi.org/10.32352/0367-3057.5-6.18.04
7. Lepsky V. V., Anisimov V. Yu., Prodan O. V., Gelmboldt V. O. Otsenka kariyesprofilakticheskoy effektivnosti «oniyevykh» geksaftorosilikatov v eksperimente // Visnyk stomatolohiyi. – 2015. – № 2. – S. 10–13.
8. Gelmboldt V. O., Anisimov V. Yu., Shyshkin І. О. Syntez oktenidynu heksaftorosylikatu – novoho potentsiynoho kariyesprofilaktychnoho i antybakterialnoho ahenta // Farmats. chasopys. – 2017. – № 3. – S. 13–16. https://doi.org/10.11603/2312-0967.2017.3.7870
9. Levitsky A. P., Den'ga O. V., Ivanov V. S. i dr. Eksperimental'nyy kariyes zubov / Eksperimental'naya stomatologiya. Ch. I. Eksperimental'nyye modeli stomatologicheskikh zabolevaniy. – Odessa: KP OGT, 2017. – S. 59–67.
10. Levitsky A. P., Makarenko O. A., Den'ga O. V. i dr. Eksperimental'nyye metody issledovaniya stimulyatorov osteogeneza: metodicheskiye rekomendatsii. – K.: GFTs, 2005. – 50 s.
11. Levitsky A. P., Den'ga O. V., Makarenko O. A. i dr. Biokhimicheskiye markery vospaleniya tkaney rotovoy polosti: metodicheskiye rekomendatsii. – Odessa: KP OGT, 2010. – 16 s.
12. Levitsky A. P. Lizotsim vmesto antibiotikov. – Odessa: KP OGT, 2005. – 74 s.
13. Levitsky A. P., Makarenko O. A., Khodakov I. V., Zelenina Yu. V. Fermentatyvnyy metod otsinky stanu kistkovoyi tkanyny // Odeskiy med. zhurn. – 2006. – № 3. – S. 17–21.
14. Gavrikova L. M., Segen I. T. Ureaznaya aktivnost' rotovoy zhidkosti u bol'nykh s ostroy odontogennoy infektsiyey chelyustno-litsevoy oblasti // Stomatologiya. – 1996. – Spets. vypusk. – S. 49–50.
15. Patent na korysnu model № u 43140. Sposib otsinky stupenya dysbiozu (dysbakteriozu) orhaniv i tkanyn / Levitsky A. P., Den'ga O. V., Selivanska I. O. ta in. – Zayavl. 26. 12. 2008; Opubl. 10. 08. 2009, Byul. № 15.
16. Nikolayeva A. V. Makro-mikroskopicheskiye issledovaniya zubo-chelyustnoy sistemy krys pri vozdeystvii na verkhniy sheynyy simpaticheskiy uzel / Materialy k makro-mikroskopicheskoy anatomii. – K., 1965. – Vyp. 3. – S. 96–101.
17. Rebrova O. Yu. Statisticheskiy analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primeneniye paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA. – M.: Media Sfera, 2002. – 312 c.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.