Analysis of terminology and definition of components of the process of rational use of drugs in ukraine
According to WHO recommendations, the rational use of drugs includes a block of problem issues, and it is an important area that requires detailed analysis and government regulation through the development of the National Drug policy.
The aim of the paper is a comprehensive analysis of the terminology, approaches to the definition of "rational use of drugs" and the main components providing rational use of drugs. The research materials include the scientific papers of domestic and foreign scientists, publications and official documents of international organizations (WHO, FIP) and Ukrainian normative and legal base on providing the population with drugs. The study used the methods of system, historical and logical analysis.
The article analyzes the history of the issue, terminology and approaches to the definition of "rational use of drugs" as well as an interpretation of the term in accordance with domestic law. Pharmacotherapeutic, pharmacoeconomic, information, marketing, organizational and administrative, social, educational and competence components of rational use of drugs are allocated. Their content and general measures is disclosed and their relationship is shown. Further research should be focused on the definition of certain areas and the development of measures to promote rational use of drugs Ukraine.
2. Draft Resolution of the CMU "On Approval of the National Policy on Provision of Medicinal Products for the Period until 2025" [Electronic Resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.apteka.ua/article/392076
3. Rational use of medicines (resolution WHA60 / 16 of the 62nd session of the World Health Assembly.) WHO Technical Reports Series, No. 950. - Geneva, WHO, 2009. - 6 p.
4. Introduction to Drug Utilization Research. World Health Organization. - Oslo, Norway, 2003. - 48 p.
5. Chaturvedi VP, Mathur AG, Anand A. C. Rational drug use - as common as common sense? // Med. J. Armed. Forces India. - 2012. - N 68 (3). - P. 206-208.
6. Basic principles of rational use of medicines. Rational antibiotic therapy: Method. Recommendations / Drug Information and Analytical Center of RGP on PCV "Republican Center for Development of Health", Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. - Astana, 2013. - 105 p.
7. Makalkina L.G., Pak L. Yu., Uralov S. K., etc. Estimation of the use of drugs in a medical organization: Method. allowance / ed. A. Gulyaev - Astana, 2010. - 49 p.
8. Nemchenko AS, Kotvitskaya AA, Surikov O. O. Basic principles of the influence on the discharge and rational use of drugs in accordance with the standards of GPP // Pharmac. journ - 2005. - No. 4. - P. 22-28.
9. Kabachna AV, Kabachny O.G., Shelkova EV, Rogova O.G. Implementation of the formular system in the practice of medical and prophylactic institutions. Message I / Ibid. - 2011. - No. 4. - P. 3-9.
10. Nemchenko AS, Panfilova G. L. Methodology of the formation of forms and insurance lists of drugs in the conditions of implementation of the principles of the national pharmaceutical (pharmaceutical) policy // Ibid. - 2008. - No. 3. - P. 16-21.
11. Zaliska, O. M., Parnovsky B. L. Justification of the directions of use of pharmacoeconomics in health care and for the preparation of pharmacists in Ukraine // Ibid. - 2005. - No. 4. - P. 10-12.
12. Nemchenko A. S., Panfilova G. L. Methodology of pharmacoeconomic studies of the effectiveness of pharmaceutical assistance provided to the population // Ibid. - 2005. - No. 4. - P. 22-28.
13. Morozov AM, Yakovleva LV, Bezdikko NV and others. Methodical recommendations for the assessment of the clinical and economic feasibility of the use of drugs in the medical-preventive institution (support of the formular system) - Kharkiv: NFaU, 2012. - 59 p.
14. Blikhar V.Ye. Development and Prospects of Legislative Support of Rational Use of Drugs in Ukraine // Vysn. social hygiene and health care organization of Ukraine. - 2014 - No. 1 (59). - P. 64-68.
15. The rational use of drugs. Report of the Conference of Experts. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1985 [Electronic resource]. - Available at: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s17054e/s17054e.pdf
16. The Pursuit of Responsible Use of Medicines: A Report on the Use of Medicines: A Technical Report prepared for the Ministers' Summit on "The benefits of responsible use of medicines: Setting policies for better and cost-effective health care." Geneva, World Health Organization, 2012 [Electronic resource]. - Availadle at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/75828/1/WHO_EMP_MAR_2012.3_eng.pdf
17. Holloway K., Dijk L. The World's Medicines Situation 2011. Rational Use Of Medicines. 3rd ed. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2011 [Electronic resource]. - Available at: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s18064en/s18064en.pdf
18. Progress in the rational use of medicines, including the best medicines for children. World Health Organization. EB120 / 7, December 7, 2006 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://apps.who.int/gb/archive/pdf_files/EB120/b120_7-en.pdf
19. Using indicators to measure country-specific pharmaceutical situations: The Fact Book on WHO Level I and Level II monitoring indicators. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2006 [Electronic resource]. - Available at: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/index/assoc/s14101e/s14101e.pdf
20. Draft Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine "On Approval of the Guideline" Medicines. Good Pharmacy Practice »// Pharmacy. - 2013 - 874 (3). - P. 19-21.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.