Dynamics of accessibility of medicines for type 2 diabetes monotherapy in ukraine
Diabetes mellitus is recognized as noninfectious epidemic in the world. Antidiabetic medications for the patients are taking continually and they are expensive. So, the actual question is the evaluation of the economic availability of antidiabetic treatment. Compared with other similar researches the economic availability of monotherapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Ukraine has not been investigated. It was researched in this study.
The purpose of the research was scientific generalization of the results of study of the economic availability of monotherapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Ukraine from 2013 to 2016.
The material of the study were: ATC/DDD-indexes of Centre WHO methodology of statistical studies of drugs, cost of DDDs was calculated according to weighed average cost in November 2013 and November 2016, according to weekly «Pharmacy» information. Methods: frequency analysis, ATC/DDD-methodology, the calculation of socio-economic coefficients of accessibility: liquidity ratio (Cliq), solvency adequacy ratio (Ca.s.), availability ratio (D).
Based on the results of our previous studies to analyze the dynamics of socio-economic accessibility have been selected schemes of monotherapy with metformin, gliclazide and glimepiride, as the most commonly used in clinical practice. It has been found that the minimum price for DDD of metformin increased by 101%, for glimepiride – by 65%, for gliclazide – by 41% from 2013 to 2016. In the study of liquidity ratio Cliq, it has been found that there was an increase of price fluctuations from 48 to 295%. In the study of the solvency adequacy ratio Ca.s., it has been found that the accessibility has decreased from 98 to 197%, respectively. In studying of availability ratio D it has been found that the growth rate of salary was lower rates therapy price increases by 67% for metformin, by 44% for glimepiride, by 5% for gliclazide.
In the study of economic availability it has been found an increase in prices in 1.4 times for metformin, in 1.25 times – for glimepiride, in 4.3 times – for gliclazide. Accessibility of monotherapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus has been decreased by 98–197%. The rate of wage growth was less than the growth rate of prices for the medications under investigation by 5–67%. The obtained results of a study of the socio-economic accessibility of medicines for type 2 diabetes monotherapy for the population of Ukraine Cliq, Ca.s., D against the background of reducing the rate of salary growth show a decrease in the dynamics of such availability in the period 2013–2016 years.
2. Vlasenko I.O., Davtyan L. L., Zhogov IV. Modern devices for self-control of diabetes mellitus // Diabetes. Obesity Metabolic syndrome. - 2013. - № 4. - P. 7-15.
3. Unified clinical protocol of primary and secondary (specialized) medical aid. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 21.12.2012 # 1118 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://www.moz.gov.ua/docfiles/dod1118_2_2012.pdf
4. Vlasenko I.O., Davtyan L. L., Rudenko V.V. Active pharmaceutical ingredients in the composition of medicines for local treatment of ulcers with diabetic foot // Ukr. journ the clinic lab honey. - 2013. - № 1. - P. 181-184.
5. Yakovleva LV, Mischenko O. Ya., Adonkina V. Yu. Blockers of calcium channels: assortment research, socioeconomic accessibility and consumption in Ukraine // Social medicine in health care. - 2015 - T. 1. - P. 18-24.
6. Olkhova IV, Trokhimchuk V.V. Pharmaceutical monitoring of the main groups of drugs used for the treatment of gastritis and duodenitis in children // Akto. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2013. - No. 2 (12). - P. 114-116.
7. Adonkina V. Yu. Scientific and practical substantiation of optimization of expenses for medicines for prevention and treatment of cerebrovascular accident. Author's abstract. dis ... Candidate farm Sciences: special 15.00.01 «Technology of medicines and organization of pharmaceutical business» [Electronic resource]. - Kharkiv, 2014. - 22 p.
8. Prices for medicines according to the weekly journal "Pharmacy" as of 10. 11. 2013 and 10. 11. 2016 [Electronic resource www.apteka.ua]. - Mode of access: http://pharmbase.com.ua
Copyright (c) 2017 Farmatsevtychnyi zhurnal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.