the use of integrated frequency ABC/VEN-analysis of application of medicines for the treatment of influenza and its complications in the hospital
The problem of limiting and rational use of funds in the health care system is relevant worldwide. Influenza and acute respiratory viral infections are cause of a lot of discussion about the treatment and prevention of the disease.
The aim of the work ‒ to conduct an analysis of the data of the actual practice of appointment for patients with severe forms of influenza and its complications that were hospitalized at the hospital of the Lviv Regional Infectious Diseases Clinical Hospital.
For the analysis of data of real practice of appointments were included data of 260 medical cards of patients of the Lviv Regional Infectious Clinical Hospital, which were hospitalized in 2016–2017 years with the diagnosis of influenza and SARI. We used statistical methods, real world evidence analysis, integrated frequency ABC/VEN analysis.
The results of the VEN analysis indicate that in this department pharmacotherapy performs according to the current Protocols for medical care. Integrated frequency, VEN and ABC analysis showed that the leader of applications is Reosorbilact (the rate of expenses is 19%, the frequency of applications – 14%, the percentage of patients to whom it was appointed is 85%). Very expensive antibiotic Tigacil followed them, the next medicines in this list – Xylat (a rate of of expenses 10%, a frequency of applications is 5%, a share of patients – 28%). By answering the question about use the funds for important and vitally necessary medication, we can see that the rate of expenses for medicines of category V is 88.99%, it means that there is a rational use of funds. Analyzing the frequency of using the most expensive drugs (the cost of antibiotics is 46% of the total cost of drugs), it would be advisable to study the possibility of replacing it with cheaper counterparts.
In general, pharmacological therapy is clinically and economically viable, but requires further standardization, and the analysis shows possible ways to optimize it, and reminds us how dangerous are the complications of the influenza, and which resources are needed for their treatment.
2. Normatuvno-dyrectyvni document MOZ Ukrainu [Regulatory documents of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine]. – Access: [http://www.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/pre_20100329_3.html]
3. Grohskopf L. A., Sokolow L. Z., Broder K. R. et al. Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices–United States, 2018–19 Influenza Season // Recommendations and Reports. – 2018. – N 67 (3). – P. 1–20. Access: [https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/rr/rr6703a1.htm?s_cid=rr6703a1_w]
4. Kovács G., Kaló Z., Jahnz-Rozyk K. et al. Medical and economic burden of influenza in the elderly population in central and eastern European countries // Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. – 2014. – V. 10 (2). – P. 428–440. https://doi.org/10.4161/hv.26886
5. EU-Council (2009). Council recommendation of 22 December 2009 on seasonal influenza vaccination (2009/1019/EU). Official Journal of the European Union. – Access: [https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32009H1019]
6. WHO-Europe (2012). Overview of sentinel systems for hospitalized severe acute respiratory infections (SARI) presented in the weekly EuroFlu surveillance bulletin. – Access: [http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/186863/Overview-of-SARI-Surveillance-Systems-final.pdf]
7. Fiore A. E., Fry A., Shay D. et al. Antiviral agents for the treatment and chemoprophylaxis of influenza – recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) // MMWR Recomm. Rep. – 2011. – N 60 (1). – P. 1–24.
8. Woodhead M., Blasi F., Ewig S. et al. Guidelines for the management of adult lower respiratory tract infections–summary// Clin. Microbiol. Infect. – 2011. – N 17, Suppl. 6. – P. 1–24. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-0691.2011.03672.x
9. Morozov A. M.., Yakovleva L. V.., Besditko N. V. et al. Metoduchni recomendacii z ocincu clinichnoi ta economichnoi docilnosti vucorustannia likarskukh zasobiv v licuvalno-profilactuchnomu zacladi (suprovid formularnoi sustemu) [Methodical recommendations for assessing the clinical and economic feasibility of the use of drugs in the health care institution (support of the formular system)]. – Kharkiv: NPhU, 2012. – 59 s.
10. Nakaz Ministerstva Okhoronu Zdorovia Ukrainu vid 16. 07. 2014 № 499. «Pro zatverdzennia ta vprovadzhennia meduco-tekhnichnoi documentacii zi standartusacii meduco-tekhnichnoi dopomohu pru grupi ta gostrukh respiratornukh virusnukh infecciyzkh». [Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated July 16, 2014 N 499. About the approval and implementation of medical-technological documents on the standardization of medical care for influenza and acute respiratory infections]
11. Nakaz Ministerstva Okhoronu Zdorovia Ukrainu vid 10. 05. 2018 № 868 Pro zatverdzennia Desiatogo vupusku Derzhavnoho Formulara licarskukh zasobiv ta zabezpechennia jogo dostupnosti. [Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 10th of May, 2018 p. No. 868 "On Approval of the Tenth Issue of the State Form of Medicines and Making it Accessible"] [Electronic Resource]. – Access: http://moz.gov.ua/uploads/1/5050-dn_20180510_868.pdf
12. Nacionalnuy perelik osnovnukh likarskukh zasobiv, zatverdzhenuy Postanovoju Cabinetu Ministriv Ukrainu № 1081 vid 13.12.2017. [National List of Essential Medicines, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 1081], dated 13.12.2017. – Access: http://moz.gov.ua/uploads/0/3799-nacperelic_dodatok_web.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.