Comparative analysis of antimicrobial drugs recommended by medical and technological documents for the treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia
Today community-acquired pneumonia remains one of the leading causes of death as a result of infectious diseases. For effective treatment must be guided by such guidelines which would take into account not only recent world experience in the field of antimicrobial therapy but also regional peculiarities of the microbial spectrum and the resistance to pathogens of this nosology.
The aim of the work was to conduct a comparative analysis of antimicrobial drugs recommended for the treatment for patients with community-acquired pneumonia.
The assortment of major antimicrobial drugs was studied according to the «Pharmstandard» system of the «Morion» company. Also, the research used data of medical and technological documentation of Ukraine, Great Britain, USA.
Current the Unified Protocol for the provision of medical care to adult patients with community-acquired pneumonia and the State Medicines Directive offer almost identical antimicrobial drugs and differ only in those that do not have a proof-based basis. Leading international sources recommend a smaller number of drugs whose trade names are sufficient in the domestic market, and pharmacological properties suggest a rational pharmacotherapy of patients with community-acquired pneumonia when using them.
Medical and technological documents offer for pharmacotherapy of patients with community-acquired pneumonia more than 20 preparations with more than 500 product names mainly present on the domestic market; in foreign directions a number of drugs (cefaclor, flucloxacillin, temocylin, piperacillin, colistin) are recommended, which are not in the domestic documentation, whose pharmacological properties and price range are rational to have for treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia.
2. Tansarli G., Mylonakis E. Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the Efficacy of Short-Course Antibiotic Treatments for Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Adults // Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.00635-18
3. Unafykovanyi protocol nadannia medychnoi dopomohy doroslym khvorym na nehospitalnu pneumoniiu: Adaptovana klinichna nastanova / NAMNU. – Kyiv, 2016. – 108 p.
4. British National Formulary (BNF 76). London: BMJ Group and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. 2018.
5. Mandell L. A. et. al. Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society Consensus Guidelines on the Management of Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Adults // CID. – 2007. – V. 44 (Suppl 2). – P. 27–72. https://doi.org/10.1086/511159
6. Derzhavnyi formuliar likarskich zasobiv. Vypusk № 10 (2018). Kyiv. URL: http://moz.gov.ua/uploads/1/5052-dn_20180510_868_dod_2.pdf
7. Pro zatverdzhennia desiatogo vypusku Derzhavnogo formuliara likarskich zasobiv ta zabezpechennia joho dostupnosti: Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy vid 10.05 2018 № 868. URL: http://moz.gov.ua/article/ministry-mandates/nakaz-moz-ukraini-vid-10052018--868-pro-zatverdzhennja-desjatogo-vipusku-derzhavnogo-formuljara-likarskih-zasobiv-ta-zabezpechennja-jogo-dostupnosti
8. Prohramnyi kompleks “Apteka” kompanii “Morion”. URL: https://pharmbase.com.ua/uk/optovi-propozitsiyi/
9. Lee M., Oh J., Kang C. et al. Guideline for Antibiotic Use in Adults with Community-acquired Pneumonia // Infection & Chemotherapy. – 2018. – 50 (2). – P. 160. https://doi.org/10.3947/ic.2018.50.2.160
10. Moran G., Rothman R., Volturo G. Emergency management of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia: what is new since the 2007 Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society guidelines // Am. J. Emerg. Med. – 2013. – V. 31 (3) – P. 602–612. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2012.12.002
11. Maidannyk V. H., Yemchynska Ye. O. Klinichni nastanovy z diagnostyky ta likuvannia pozalikarnianoi pneumonii u ditej z pozytsii dokazovoi medytsyny. – Kyiv, 2014. – 43 p.
12. Bender M., Niederman M. Treatment guidelines for community-acquired pneumonia // Annals of Research Hospitals. – 2018. – N 2. – P. 6.
13. Bradley J. et. The Management of Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Infants and Children Older Than 3 Months of Age: Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America // Clinical Infectious Diseases. – 2011. – V. 53, Issue 7. – P. e25-e76.
14. Dartois N. et al. Tigecycline versus levofloxacin in hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumonia: an analysis of risk factors // Open Respir Med J. – 2013. – N 7. – P. 13–20.
15. Kollef M., Betthauser K. New antibiotics for community-acquired pneumonia // Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases. – 2019. – V. 32 (2). – P. 169–175. https://doi.org/10.1097/qco.0000000000000526
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.