Development of identification and quantitative determination methods of escitalopram suitable for the chemical and toxicological analysis
The conditions of escitalopram identification by means of the Thin Layer Chromatography, colour reactions, UV-spectroscopy have been studied. The methods of UV-spectrophotometry and extraction spectrophotometry (by the reaction with methyl orange) of escitalopram quantitative determination have been developed. The relative error of the proposed methods was ±2.1% and ±1.6% respectively.
2. Vergechich T. Kh. Toxicological chemistry. - Moscow: MEDpress-inform, 2009. - 400 p.
3. Jickells S., Negrusz A. Clarke's Analytical Forensic Toxicology. - London: Pharmaceutical Press, 2008 - 648 p.
4. Frison G., Favretto D., Vogliardi S. et al. Quantification of citalopram or escitalopram and their demethylated metabolites in neonatal hair samples by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry // Ther. Drug Monit - 2008. - V. 30, N 4. - P. 467-473.
5. Haupt D. Determination of citalopram enantiomers in human plasma by liquid chromatographic separation on a chiral-AGP column. // J. Chrom. B. - 1996. - V. 685. - P. 299-305.
6. Kennedy S. H., Andersen H. F., Thase M. E. Escitalopram in the treatment of major depressive disorder: A meta-analysis // Curr. Med. Res Opin - 2009. - V. 25, N 1. - P. 161-175.
McKenzie MS, McFarland B. H. Trends in antidepressant overdoses. // Pharmacoepidemiol. Drug Saf. - 2007. - V. 16, N 5. - P. 513-523.
8. Rahme E., Dasgupta K., Turecki G. et al. Risk of suicide and poisoning among elderly patients. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: A retrospective cohort study // J. Clin Psychiatry. - 2008. - V. 69, N 3. - P. 349-357.
9. Sankaranarayanan J., Puumala S. E. Epidemiology and characteristics of emergency departments visits by US adults with psychiatric disorder and antipsychotic 2000 to 2004 // Curr. Med. Res Opin - 2007. - V. 23, N 6. - P. 1375-1385.
10. Sclar D. A. Epidemiology of depression and prescribing of antidepressant pharmacotherapy // ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. - 2000. - V. 35. - P. 81.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.