Pricing policy analysis on injectable narcotic medicines in Ukraine
Availability of as essential drugs, is an integral component of the health system. Except legislative and regulatory barriers, price of the medicines is a limiting factor in ensuring narcotic analgesics to the population of developing countries.
Analysis of legal documents shows that this group of drugs is not under state price regulation in Ukraine. During the study it was found that the range of purchase prices for 1 vial of morphine in 2010 was 2,5–6,02 hryvna, and during the last 2 years the manufacture prices of injectable narcotic analgesics have been increased more than 2.5 times.
2. World Health Organization. Cancer Pain Relief: A Guide to Opioid Availability. Second ed Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 1996. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/9241544821.pdf
3. 17th WHO Essential Medicines List, WHO, March 2011. - 41p. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95053_eng.pdf
4. "Do not make us suffer!" Access to pain medication as one of human rights. - Human Rights Watch, 2009. - 47s.
5. Access to pain relief - an essential human right. A report for the World Hospice and Palliative Care Day // Published by Help the Hospices for the Worldwide Palliative Care Alliance. - London, 2007 - 48p.
6. Barbara Milani, Willem Scholten. The World Medical Situation 2011, 3rd Edition. Access to controlled drugs. WHO, Geneva, 2011. 22p
7. Human Rights Watch. Uncontrolled pain. Ukraine's obligation to provide palliative care in accordance with the principles of evidence-based medicine. 2011. - 99 p.
8. Gubsky Yu.I., Tsarenko AV, Skoryna O. O. and others. Topical issues of the implementation of the system of palliative care and the provision of rights to patients with a limited prognosis of life in Ukraine. // The right to medical care in Ukraine - 2008. Kharkiv Human Rights Protection Group. - Kharkiv: Human Rights, 2009 - C. 224-266.
9. Datsyuk N.O. Analysis of the state of use of opioid analgesics in the regions of Ukraine // Pharmaceutical Journal. - 2012. - No. 5. - P. 16-20.
10. CMU Resolution No. 955 of October 17, 2008 "On Measures to Stabilize Prices for Medicinal Products and Medical Products". Available from: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/955-2008-%D0%BF
11. CMU Resolution No. 794 of August 13, 2012 "Issues of the Declaration of Changes in Wholesale and Retail Prices for Medicinal Products and Medical Products Procured at the Expense of State and Local Budget Funds". Available from: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/794-2012-%D0%BF
12. CMU Resolution No. 340 of April 25, 2012 "On the implementation of a pilot project on the introduction of state regulation of prices for medicinal products for the treatment of hypertensive patients". Available from: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/340-2012-%D0%BF/paran15#n15
13. Gromovik B.P., Prokop S.Ye. Problematic issues of organization and pharmaceutical provision of palliative and hospice care in Ukraine. // Management, Economics and Quality Assurance in Pharmacy. - 2012. - No. 2 (22). - P. 54-59.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.