Council of Europe Convention «On fighting falsification of medical products and similar crimes that threaten public health» as a source of development forensic pharmacy
The constant growth of counterfeiting of the medicines in Ukraine led to the need for ratification of the Convention "Concerning the fight against counterfeit medical products and similar crimes that threaten the health of the population" and the reform of legislation in line with European requirements and standards.
The purpose of the work – to examine the structure and content of the Convention from the perspective of forensic pharmacy.
Materials – the legal framework of Ukraine to ratify the Convention "Concerning the fight against counterfeit medical products and similar crimes that threaten the health of the population". Methods – forensic and pharmaceutical monitoring, normative and legal analysis.
Ratification of the Convention "Concerning the fight against counterfeit medical products and similar crimes that threaten the health of the population" provides for criminal and administrative liability for falsification of drugs or commit crimes that threaten the health of the population. This entails the need for changes in the pharmaceutical, medical and legal legislation of Ukraine.
The article highlights the main chapters of the Convention "Concerning the fight against counterfeit medical products and similar crimes that threaten the health of the population", drawn up a list of crimes that fall under its action, and provides the basic penalties for the commission of these crimes from the perspective of forensic pharmacy.
2. Daniluk O.V., Shapovalov V.V., Shapovalova V.O. Improvement of the state system of counteraction to the circulation of counterfeit medicines // The Medicines of Ukraine. - 2004. - No. 9 (appendix). - P. 114-117.
3. Shapovalov V.V., Daniluk O.V., Petrenko S.L., Shapovalova V.O. State control and pharmaceutical law in the system of legal guardianship "doctor-patient-pharmacist". - Kharkiv: Fact, 2004. - P. 21-24.
4. The Law of Ukraine "On Ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on the Falsification of Medical Products and Similar Crimes That Affect Health Care" dated 07.06.2012, No. 4908-VI / Electronic resource. - Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4908-17?nreg=4908-17&find=1&text=&x=5&y=5
5. Council of Europe Convention on the Falsification of Medical Products and Similar Health-Widesign Offenses / Electronic Resource. - Access mode: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_a91/paran2?nreg=994_a91&find=1&text=&x=7&y=7#n2
6. The Criminal Code of Ukraine / Electronic resource. - Mode of access: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2341-14
7. Stefanov AV, Trakhtenberg IM, Shapovalova VA, and others. Appropriate pharmacy practice: the algorithm of assigning drugs to the category of prescription leave: Method. river - K.: Izd. House "Avicenna", 2004. - 40 p.
8. Chumak V.T., Trakhtenberg I.M., Shapovalova V.O. and others. Algorithm for defining the category of drug release, undergoing a state registration or re-registration procedure: Method. river - K., 2006. - 96 p.
9. Shapovalov VV, Galavan Z. S., Shapovalova V. O. and others. The algorithm for detecting offenses in the field of illicit drug trafficking: a method. river - Kharkiv, 2006. - 48 p.
10. Educational manual with a working journal for classroom and non-auditing work for pharmaceutical specialists in pharmaceutical law, forensic pharmacy and evidence-based pharmacy / Ed. V. O. Shapovalova, V. V. Shapovalova, Yu. V. Vasina. - Kharkiv, 2008. - 20 p.
11. Workshop for auditorial and independent work on pharmaceutical legislation in the system for graduate and postgraduate training. Series: Pharmaceutical Law. 7th view. from amendments and supplements / Ed. V. O. Shapovalova, V. V. Shapovalova, S. M. Negretsky. - Kharkiv, 2010. - 28 p.
12. Council of Europe. Convention "Medical Treatment" Anti-falsification of medical products and similar crimes: Method. pos / Electronic resource. - Access mode: medicrime_en.pdf
13. Spivak N. MEDICRIME Convention as an instrument in the fight against counterfeiting / Electronic resource // Weekly Pharmacy. - 2011. - No. 821 (50). - Mode of access: http://www.apteka.ua/article/103639
14. Decree of the President of Ukraine dated June 11, 1998, No. 615/98 "On Approval of the Strategy of Ukraine's Integration into the European Union / Electronic Resource. - Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/615/98
15. Ukraine is the first member of the Council of Europe to ratify the Medicare / Electronic Resource Convention. - 29/06/2012; 11:04. - Access mode: http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/publish/article?art_id=245348713
16. Ukraine ratified the EU Convention against Falsification of Medicines / Electronic resource. - 07/06/2012; 1:51. - Access mode: http://delo.ua/ukraine/ukraina-ratificirovalo-konvenciju-es-o-borbe-s-falsifikaciej-le-178961
17. Shapovalova V. O., Shapovalov V. V. The unified program of training courses for specialists in judicial pharmacy. - Kharkiv: Printing House No. 18 TV, 2001. - 52 p.
18. Yanukovych signed the law on ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on the prevention of counterfeiting of medical products / Electronic resource // UNIAN. - 26/06/2012; 17:49. - Mode of access: http://health.unian.net/eng/detail/235763
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.