Use of polymers for composition of new medicines in the film form
Modified release of active substances is possible using polymeric bases. It improves patient quality of life due to ease of use of drugs. Especially actual are medicines immobilized on a film base.
The purpose of the work is to study the compositions of medicinal polymeric films and adjuvants used for their production.
Matherials for investigation were printed and electron informational sourses, dealing with the development of new medicines in film form with different ways of use. Methods were data compilation and systematization.
As a result of analyzing the information it has been found that most medical films are used for external use as a topical therapy in ophthalmology and dentistry and also for oral administration (fast-dissolving films). As bases for fast-dissolving oral films Pullulan, Lycoat, pectin and methylcellulose derivates, combinations of polyethylene oxide and polyvinyl alcohol with other polymers are used. For ophthalmic films as bases are chosen cellulose derivates, sodium alginate, polyvinylpyrrolidone, polymethyl methacrylate and its co-polymers, pectin and gelatin. As bases for stomathologic films gelatin, compositions of polyvinyl butyral, polyvinyl alcohol and polyethylene glycol are used. Investigations are provided for using of alginates, chitosan, agar, cellulose salts, lactic acid derivates.
Due to the limited assortment of soft drugs for dentistry in Ukraine, development of dental medicines in the form of films is relevant. The most perspective for investigations are natural and semisynthetic polymeric carriers for dental films (Alginates, Cellulose esters, Chitosan etc.) and combinations thereof.
2. Verena Ingeborg Garsuch. Preparation and characterization of fast-dissolving oral films for pediatric use: Inaugural dissertation ... Zur erlangung des doctorades: April 2009. - Dusseldorf, 2009. - 121 p.
3. Aggarwal Jyoti, Singh Gurpreet, Saini Seema et al. A comparative study on various polymers used in the formulation of oral fast-dissolving films // Inter. J. Pharmac. Sciences - 2012. - V. 4, N 1. - P. 1739-1741.
4. Arun Arya, Amrish Chandra, Vijay et al. Fast Dissolving Oral Films: An Innovative Drug Delivery System and Dosage Form // Inter. J. Chem. Tech Res - 2010. - V. 2, N 1. - P. 576-583.
5. Preis M., Pein M., Breitkreutz J. Development of a Taste-Masked Orodispersible Film Containing Dimenhydrinate // Pharmaceutics. - 2012. - V. 4, N 4. - P. 551-562.
6. Sneha S. Chauhan, S. Lin, P. L. Madan. Preparation and evaluation of nicotine hydrogen tartrate. Fast dissolving films for smoking cessation // Asian J. Pharmac. Sciences - 2012. - V. 7, N 3. - P. 181-192.
7. Dinge A., Nagarsenker M. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Films for Delivery of Triclosan to the Oral Cavity // AAPS Pharm. Sci Tech - 2008. - V. 9, N 2. - P. 349-356.
8. Garsuch V., Breitkreutz J. Comparative studies on various polymers for the preparation of fast-dissolving oral films // J. Pharm. Pharmacol - 2010. - V. 62, N 4. - P. 539-545.
9. Priyanka Nagar, Iti Chauhan, Mohd Yasir. Insights into Polymers: Film Formers in Mouth Dissolving Films // Drug Invention Today. - 2011. - V. 3, N 12. - P. 280-289.
10. WHO mode list for essential medicines for children / Electronic resource. - Access mode: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95054_eng.pdf
11. Rathore K. S., Nema R. K. Review on Ocular Inserts // Inter. J. Pharm. Tech Res - 2009. - V. 1, N 2. - P. 164-169.
12. Wagh V.D., Inamdar B., Samanta M.K. Polymers used in ocular dosage form and drug delivery systems // Asian J. Pharm. - 2008. - V. 2. - P. 12-17.
13. Gilhotra R. M., Mishra D. N. Alginate-chitosan film for ocular drug delivery: Effect of surface cross-linking on film properties and characterization // Pharmazie. - 2008. - V. 63. - P. 576-579.
14. Fulgêncio Gde O, Viana F. A., Ribeiro R. R. et al. New mucoadhesive chitosan film for ophthalmic drug delivery of timolol maleate: in vivo evaluation // J. Ocular Pharmacol. Therap - 2012. - V. 28, N 4. - P. 350-358.
15. Batyrbekov E. O., Utelbaeva Z. T., Umerzakova M. B. et al. Release of drugs from polymeric ophthalmic films // Fundamental research. - 2011. - No. 7 - P. 233-234.
16. Rathore K. S., Nema R. K., Sisodia S. S. Preparation and Characterization of Timolol Maleate Ocular Films // Inter. J. Pharm. Tech Res - 2010. - V. 2, N 3. - P. 1995-2000.
17. Rajasekaran A., Sivakumar V., Karthika K. et al. Design and evaluation of polymeric controlled release natamycin ocular inserts // Engineering and technology. - 2010. - V. 6, N 1. - P. 108-115.
18. Kumari A., Sharma P. K., Garg V. K. et al. Ocular inserts - Advancement in the treatment of eye diseases // J. Adv. Pharm Technol Res - 2010. - V. 1, N 3. - P. 291-296.
19. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of 26.06.2002 № 235 "On Approval of Classification of Dosage Forms" / Electronic resource. - Mode of access: http://mozdocs.kiev.ua/view.php?id=1113
20. Mazur I.P. Application of adhesive dental films "Diplen-Denta" in the complex treatment of patients with generalized periodontitis // Sovrem. dentistry - 2006. - No. 1. - P. 52-54.
21. Shifrovitch Y., Binderman I., Bahar H. et al. Metronidazole-Loaded Bioabsorbable Films as Local Antibacterial Treatment of Infected Periodontal Pockets // J. Periodontol. - 2009. - V. 80, N 2. - P. 330-337.
22. PerioChip 2010 © / Electronic resource. - Mode of access: http://periochip.com/
23. PERIOCHIP (chlorhexidine gluconate) insert, extended release (Adrian Pharmaceuticals, LLC) / Electronic resource. - Access mode: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=c40ab6ac-8987-42d2-a95b-95fbfd3b0162
24. Abakarova D. S. Application of a new Solcoseril-containing film of Diplend-Denta C in the treatment of oral mucosal trauma // Dentistry. - 2004. - No. 4. - P. 33-36.
25. Juliano C. C. A., Pala C. L., Cossu M. Preparation and characterization of polymeric films containing propolis // J. Drug Delivery Science and Technol. - 2007. - V. 17, N 3. - P. 177-180.
26. Khalid Al-Hazim, Mansour Al-Askar, Zuied Selamhe et al. Evaluation of Novel Adhesive Film Containing Ketorolac for Post-Surgery Pain Control: A Safety and Efficacy Study // J. Periodontology. - 2011. - V. 82, N 7. - P. 963-968.
27. Davtyan L. L. Justification of composition and technology of polymer films as carrier of medicinal substances / Zb. sciences works co-work KMAPO named after P. L. Shupyk. - 2003. - Vip. 12, Kn. 1. - p. 827-833.
28. Davtyan L. L., Davtyan A. L. Technological line of production of medicinal films // Farmats. journ - 2003. - No. 5. - P. 88-93.
29. Davtyan L. L., Tarasenko V. O. Pharmacokinetic parameters of medicinal films with controlled release of active substances // Pharmac. journ - 2010. - No. 2. - C. 62-66.
30. Davtyan L. L., Timchenko I. M., Vlasenko O. I. and others. The substantiation of pharmacokinetic parameters of medical films for problems of mathematical modeling // Med. computer science and engineering. - 2011. - No. 1. - P. 45-47.
31. Davtyan L. L., Korytnyuk R. S., Biloklyts'ka G. F. and others. Technology and Biopharmaceutical Aspects of Medicinal Films of Antimicrobial Effects: Teaching. manual - K .: Osnova, 2005. - 92 p.
32. Davtyan L. L., Korytnyuk O. Ya., Korytnyuk R. S. and others. Technology and application of dental medical films "Trikalen": Method. rivers - K .: SPD "Gorpinenko", 2003. - 22 p.
33. Vlasenko I.O., Davtyan L. L., Korytnyuk O. Ya. Et al. The result of treatment of periodontal diseases in patients with diabetes mellitus with the use of medical films "Metronym-film" // Ukr. journ the clinic lab honey. - 2011. - No. 2. - P. 97-101.
34. Davtyan L. L., Korytnyuk O. Ya., Korytnyuk R. S. and others. Technology and application of "Viruplenn" dental medical films: Method. rivers K .: SPD "Gorpinenko", 2003. - 22 p.
35. Grinovets I. S., Kalynyuk TG, Grinovets V. S. and others. Treatment of dental medical films for the treatment of periodontal diseases and mucous membranes of the oral cavity // Experiment. the clinic physiol biochemistry - 2012. - No. 2. - P. 97-103.
36. "State Register of Drugs of Ukraine" / Electronic resource. - Mode of access: http://www.drlz.kiev.ua/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.