Development of quality control methods for phenatrazole – a potential anti-epileptic
The search for new biologically active substances with the anti-epileptic effect is a promising direction for pharmaceutical science. A number of derivatives of 1,2,3-triazole with an expressed anticonvulsant activity in the experiment has been synthesized in the National University of Pharmacy. An essential condition for introduction of a new biologically active compound into clinical practice is development of methods for its quality control.
Development of the methods of phenatrazole identification and its quantitative determination for their further application in standardization of the substance.
Chromatographically pure sample of phenatrazole, IR- and UV-spectrophotometry methods, liquid chromatography.
The physical and chemical properties and spectral characteristics of phenatrazole have been investigated, the chemical methods of identification have been proposed. The optimal conditions for determination of the related substances by HPLC method have been selected. The titrimetric method for the assay of the substance investigated (acid-base titration in the non-aqueous medium) has been developed.
The methods of identification of phenatrazole based on chemical reactions and IR- and UV-spectroscopy have been developed. The method of HPLC has been recommended for determination of the related substances. Permitted specific and nonspecific impurities have been identified. For quantitative determination the titrimetric method (acid-base titration in the non-aqueous medium) has been developed.
2. Georgiyants VA, Glushchenko AV, Transit L. A., Kovalenko SM Synthesis of new potential anticonvulsants in a number of methoxyanilides 1-aryl-5-methyl-1,2,3-triazole (1H) -4-carboxylic acids // Ukr. Journal of Psychoneurology. - 2006. - T. 14, Vip. 2 (47). - P. 102-105.
3. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". - 1st kind. - Kharkiv, 2001. - Supplement 1. - 2004 - 520 p.
4. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for the Quality of Medicines". - 1st kind. - Supplement 4. - Kharkiv: State Enterprise "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for Quality of Medicinal Products", 2011 - 540 p.
5. Abraham D. J. Burger's Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery. - A Wiley-Interscience Pulpation, A John Wiley and Sons, Inc. - 2003. - V. 2. - Drug Discovery and Drug Development Sixth Edition. - 817 p.
6. Tomson T., Dahl M., Kimland E. Therapeutic monitoring of antiepileptic drugs for epilepsy // Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 V. 1 P. 216.
7. Chen Jing, Xian-Yu Sun, Kyu-Yun Chai et al. Synthesis and anticonvulsant evaluation of 4- (4-alkoxyphenyl) -3-ethyl-4H-1,2,4-triazole as openchain analogues of 7-alkoxyl-4,5-dihydro [1,2,4] triazolo [4, 3-a] quinolines // Bioorg. Med. Chem - 2007. - V. 15, N 21. - P. 6775-6781.
8. Kadaba P. K. Rational drug design and the discovery of the delta2-1,2,3-triazolines, a unique class of anticonvulsant and anti-eczema agents // Curr. Med. Chem - 2003. - V. 10, N 20. - P. 2081-2108.
9. Ulloora S., Shabaraya R., Adhikari A. V. Facile synthesis of new imidazo [1,2-a] pyridine carrying 1,2,3-triazoles via chemistry and their antiepileptic studies // Bioorg. Med. Chem Lett - 2013. - V. 23, N 11. - R. 3368-3372.
10. Plech T., Luszczki J. J., Wujec M. et al. Synthesis, characterization and preliminary anticonvulsant evaluation of some 4-alkyl-1,2,4-triazoles // Eur. J. Med. Chem - 2013. - N 60. - P. 208-215.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.