Study of anti-inflammatory activity and acute toxicity of common pine extracts
For pharmacological correction of inflammation, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are traditionally used. The mechanism of action of most of these drugs is related to the ability to suppress the synthesis of prostaglandins by blockade of cyclooxygenase enzymes. Because the world is saved increased interest in finding new drugs, possibly with unconventional mechanism of action and, of course, with minimal side effects. Perspective in this respect are substances of vegetable origin - pine extracts of ordinary.
Objects of the study: water extract from pine sylvestris, alcohol extract (70%) from pine sylvestris. Acute toxicity of dry extract of common pine was determined according to toxicological classification of Sydorov K. K. (1973). Experimental research of acute toxicity was performed according to the method of Prozorovskii V. К. and co-authors (1983). Nonlinear rats of both sexes were involved in the experiment. Observation of the animals was conducted during 14 days. According to the results of research the extract of common pine is classified as the substance of the 5-th toxic class practically non-toxic. The anti-inflammatory activity of common pine extracts was determined on the model of inflammation of the rat paw. For morphological studies were carried fence organs: heart, liver, kidneys, spleen and lungs. Preparation of organs for the research was performed according to the generally accepted in morphology. Sections were stained with hematoxylin and eosin. Research results were processed using the statistical package of program «STATISTICA® for Windows 10.0» (StatSoft Inc.). The estimation of authenticity of differences of average value was conducted using the Student’s t- criterion. Changes were considered reliable at р ≤ 0.05. The results of the study of acute toxicity of dry extract of Scots pine (LD50 > 6 000 mg/kg). Allowed to carry this extract, according to the generally accepted classification of K. Sidorov's toxicity to the fifth grade - practically non-toxic. When conducting histological studies it was found that the surface of the liver, kidneys and adrenals is smooth. Color, shape, size of organs is normal. Pancreas is grayish-pink in color. The spleen is full-blooded, supple. Slime shell of the stomach with a pronounced relief of the folds. The intestinal mucosa is unchanged. In the thoracic cavity, all the organs of sowing are anatomically correct. The heart muscle on the incision is dark red, the airway sheets of the pleura are not changed. The highest anti-inflammatory activity was shown is manifested by the water-alcoholic extract of common pine, which suppressed the inflammatory reaction on 6,5% after 5 hours.
2. Khokhlova K. O., Vishnevskaya L. I., Naboka O. I. and others. Pharmacological study of anti-inflammatory activity and acute toxicity of tincture of complex "Atherofit-norm" // Ukr. honey. almanac. - 2012. - Vol. 15, No. 5. - P. 60-62.
3. Kortykov V. N., Kortikov A. N. The reference book of medicinal plants. - Rostov-on-Don: Izd. The house "Prof-Press", 2004. - 800 p.
4. Medicinal plants: Encyclopedic reference book / Rep. Ed. A. M. Grodzinsky. - K .: Heads. Ed. URE, 1990. - 544 pp.
5. Sidorov K. A. Classification of Toxicity of Poisons in Parenteral Immunization Methods // Toxicology. new prom. chem substances. - 1973. - Issue 13. - P. 47-51.
6. Strachunsky, L. S., Kozlov SN Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: monograph. 2nd ed., Add. - Smolensk, 1997. - 70 p.
7. Prozorovsky V. K., Pchelintsev S.P. Table method for determination of the minimum toxic dose // Pharmacol. toxicologist - 1983. - No. 6. - P. 91-94.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.