The component composition and antimicrobal activity of the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta L.
Tagetes erecta L. is the promising materials for new medicines. The study of composition of Tagetes erecta L. is of great practical and scientific importance.
The aim of this scientific work is the determinate of physico-chemical properties, quantitative content and composition of the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta plena L. var.«Havii» and its antimicrobial and antifungal activity. As object of our study we choose the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta plena L. var. «Havaji». Plant material was harvested during the flowering period in 2013. The essential oil was obtained from inflorescences by Clevenger method. We identified components of the essential oil and determinate there quantitative content by GLC method by «Agilent Technology 6890 N» chromatograph. Chromatograms were identified by NIST02 mass-spectra library.
We studied antimicrobial activity by agar diffusion method with using the paper discs. We set physical-chemical properties of the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta plena L. var. «Havaii». Also we discovered that there are to 18 compounds in the composition of the essential oil. The quantitative content of these components was determinate. Also we discovered that 6 of these compounds were first detected. We identified, that the main compounds of the essential oil are: piperitenon (300,3 ± 0,87 mg/kg), piperiton (211,10 ± 0,61 mg/kg) spatulenol (211,10 ± 0,61 mg/kg), p-cymene-8-ol (154,20 ± 0,45 mg/kg), nonakozan (81,10 ± 0,22 mg/kg), trikozan (60,50 ± 0,17 mg/kg), heptakozan (52,90 ± 0,15 mg/kg). The amount of the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta plena L. varieties «Hawii» was 0,5 ± 0,04%. We determinate, that the essential oil from inflorescences of Tagetes erecta plena L. var. «Havaii» has antimicrobic and antifungal activity against Staphylococcus aureus (АТСС-25923), Staphylococcus aureus (clin.), Klepsiella pneumonia (clin.), Staphylococcus saprophytus (clin.), Candida albicans (АТСС-885653) (clin.).
2. Kiranmai M., Ibrahim M. Antibacterial Potential of Different Extracts of Tagetes erecta City // Inter. J.Pharmacy. - 2012. - V. 2, N 1. - P. 90-96.
3. Shahzadi I., Ahmed R., Hassan A. et al. Optimization of DNA extraction from seeds and fresh leaf tissues of wild marigold for polymerase chain reaction analysis. Genetics Mol. Res - 2010. - V. 9, N 1. - P. 386-393.
4. Shinde NV, Kanaz KG, Shilimkar V. C. et al. Antinociceptive and Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Solvent Extracts of Tagetes erectus Town (Asteraceae) // Trop. J. Pharm. Res - 2009. - V. 8, N 4. - P. 325-329.
5. Zhang P., Li Zeng, Yan-Xue Su et al. Karyotype Studieson Tagetes erecta L. and Tagetes patula L. // African J. Biotechnol. - 2011. - V. 10, N 72.- P. 16138-16144.
6. Priyanka D., Shalini T., Navneet V. K. A Brief Study of Marigold (Tagetes Species): a Review // Inter. Res J. Pharmacy. - 2013 - V 4, N 1 -P. 43-48.
7. Xu L., Chen J., Qiet H. et al. Phytochemicals and Their Biological Activities of Plantsin Tagetes L. // Chinese Herbal Med. - 2012. - V. 4, N 2.- P. 103-117.
8. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". - 1-eyed - Kharkiv: PIPEG, 2001. - 556 p.
9. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine. Supplement 2 / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". - 1st kind. - Kharkiv: State Enterprise "Scientific Experimental Pharmacopoeia Center", 2008 - 620 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.