Seamless access for the handicapped persons to pharmacy chain on principles of pharmaceutical law
The problem of access of citizens and patients with disabilities (wheelchair users) to the establishments of the pharmacy chain is relevant.
The aim of the work was to examine the causes which prevent unimpeded access of persons with disabilities to pharmacies for the purchase of medicines and medical products based on pharmaceutical law.
Documental information was processed on 51 pharmacy institutions of communal ownership at the regional level in Kharkov and Kharkov region for the period of 2012–2013. The study used the methods of documentary, mathematical, comparative, legal, graphic and forensic & pharmaceutical analysis.
Based on the conducted analysis it was found that at the regional level, 62.7% of the institutions of pharmacy network are equipped with ramps. It is shown that among the reasons for the low availability for persons with disabilities (wheelchair users) to pharmacies is the lack of a ramp or its wrong location. As a normative initiatives proposed additions and changes to the normative and legal act as follows: «Create the necessary conditions for accessibility of persons with disabilities to the pharmacies, friendly means unhindered access (ramps, lifts, etc.) that correspond to the SBN V.2.2.-9- 99». Changes were developed to existing regulations which would ensure access by persons with disabilities to pharmacies for the purchase of drugs and medical devices.
2. Didas A. In Europe? At least get into the pharmacy! [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http: //mariupol-life.com.ua.html
3. Mardian V. Ramps for ... cascaders // Events. - 2013. - № 25 (936) [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://sobitiya.com.ua/news_full.php?nid=1181
4. Kiev ramps: senseless and merciless [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://vuppi.at.ua/publ/statti_pro_vgo_vppi/kievskie_pandusy_bessmyslennye_i_besposhhadnye/2-1-0-2
5. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Adopted by General Assembly resolution 61/106 of 13 December 2006 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.un.org/en/documents/decl_conv/conventions/disability.shtml/
6. Copenhagen Declaration [Electronic Resource]. - Access mode: http://www.healthrights.am/eng/more/706/
7. The Constitution of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80
8. Law of Ukraine "On ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol" / / Vestomos Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrainy. - 2010. - No. 9. - Art. 77
9. The Law of Ukraine "Fundamentals of Ukrainian Health Law" [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2801-12/page
10. Law of Ukraine "On the Prosecutor's Office" // Vedomosti of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. -1991. - No. 53. - Art. 793
11. Kharkiv public organization of blind lawyers. What is a "ramp" and what documents are needed to authorize its construction? [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://jurist.org.ua/content/36-shcho-takie-%C2%ABpandus%C2%BB-i-iaki-dokumienti-potribni-dlia-dozvolu-na-iogho-budivnitstvo
12. Matyushkina M. Disabled-wheelchair got the license of the pharmacy / Komsomolskaya pravda in Ukraine [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://kp.ua/daily/281212/373439/
13. Dnipropetrovsk wheelchair is suing the state for steep ramps [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://pavlonews.info/news/categ_21/107222.html.
14. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 31.10.2011 № 723 "On approval of Licensing conditions for the conduct of economic activity for the production of medicinal products, wholesale, retail trade in medicinal products", registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on December 7, 2011 under No. 1420/20158 [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1420-11
15. Berdyansk officials offered the disabled to buy land for the construction of a ramp [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.vv.com.ua/news/14835
16. In Ukraine, the conditions for licensing pharmacies and medical facilities for the needs of disabled people will be changed [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://korrespondent.net/tech/health/1475391-v-ukraine-izmenyat-usloviya-licenzirovaniya-aptek-i-medicinskih-uchrezhdenij-pod-potrebnosti-invalidov
17. Department of Information and Communications of the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Mykola Azarov commissioned to change the licensing conditions of pharmacies and medical facilities for the needs of disabled people [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/en/publish/article?art_id=245955443&cat_id=244845045
18. The ramp or disappeared [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.pharmvestnik.ru/publs/lenta/v-rossii/pandus-ili-propal.html#.UnoEb1NFmU0
19. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated August 17, 1998, No. 1303 "On Ordering Gratuitous and Preferential Dispensing of Medicines Based on Prescriptions of Doctors in the Case of Outpatient Treatment of Individuals and For Certain Categories of Diseases" // The Official Bulletin of Ukraine. -1998. - No. 33. - Art. 61
20. The Law of Ukraine "On Medicinal Products" / Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. - 1996. - No. 28. - Art. 86
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.