Scientific and methodological principles of teaching the history of pharmacopoeia’s creation for students of pharmaceutical faculty
Teaching students of pharmaceutical faculty the history of medicines, including the development and implementation of Pharmacopoeia in the medical and pharmaceutical practice, isessential for the development of the irpositive pedagogical motivation for the purpose of in-depth mastering the fundamentals of pharmacology.
Identifying and generalization of historical literary sources about Pharmacopoeia's creation stages in antiquity and modern Ukraine was the task of our work.
Such methods as systematic approach, synthesis, comparison, analysis and synthesis were used to accomplish this task.
Large and multi-faceted history, more than one millennium, shows the importance and the need of Pharmacopoeia’s creation.
Since 2001, Ukraine – the only country in the former Soviet Union – has the National Pharmacopoeia. It was developed on the basis of the European Pharmacopoeia and is an integral part of modern pharmacy. The pharmaceutical industry of Ukraine cangradually move to the European standards of quality of medicines with its help.
Publication of 1-st, 2-nd, 3-d, 4-th Ukrainian Pharmacopoeia’s editions approximates Ukrainian pharmacy closer to European Union standards.
Focusing students of pharmaceutical profile on the fact that history and improvement of Pharmacopoeiа reflects the achievements in medicine and pharmacy, biology and chemistry at certain stages of socio-economic development of society is advisable during lectures and practical classes. The content of each Pharmacopoeia’s edition gave presentation on the state of the medicines science and supplies of their production in the period of its creation.
2. Syatina ML History of pharmacy. -Lviv, 2002. - 660 pp.
3. Chekman I.S., Volokh D.S., Sholoyko N.V. Historical aspects of the creation and introduction of pharmacopoeia in the medical practice // Phytotherapy. A magazine - 2005. - No. 3. - P. 3-7.
4. Chekman I.S. Clinical herbal medicine. - K.: Publishing A.C.K., 2003. - 522 p.
5. Semenchenko VF History of pharmacy: Uch. allowance - M .: ICC "MarT"; Rostov N / A: Publishing Center "Map T", 2003. - 610 p.
6. Weiss R. F. Zehrbuch der Phytotherapie. - Stuttgart: Hippokrates, 1990. - 457 p.
7. Nosal I.M. From Plant to Human: Stories about Medicinal and Medicinal Plants of Ukraine. - K .: Rainbow, 1992. - 606 pp.
8. State Pharmacopoeia of the USSR. 10th ed. - Moscow: Medicine, 1968. - 1079 p.
9. State Pharmacopoeia of the USSR. 11th ed. - Moscow: Medicine, 1987. - T. 1. - 336 s .; 1989 - T.2. - 400 s.
10. Gubsky I. M. Pharmacy in the UCPP. - K .: Health, 1964. - 137 pp.
11. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". 1st kind. - Kharkiv: RIREG, 2001. - 556 pp.
12. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific-Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". 1st appearance, additional. 1. - Kharkov: RIREG, 2004. - 520 p.
13. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific-Expert Pharmacopoeial Center" - 1st Class, additional. 2. - Kharkov: RIREG, 2008. - 620 p.
14. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". 1st appearance, additional. 3. - Kharkiv: State Enterprise "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for Quality of Medicinal Products", 2009 - 280 p.
15. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific-Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". 1st appearance, additional. 4. - Kharkiv: State Enterprise "Ukrainian Scientific Pharmacopoeial Center for Quality of Medicines", 2011. - 536 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.