Preclinical study of the gel for gingivitis treatment specific activity
Gingivitis is gum inflammation, which is characterized by puffiness and bleeding gums. Modern medicament for this rife disease treatment should pronounce anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hemostatic activity.
The aim of the research was to study preclinical pharmacological action of the new dental gel based on triclosan, spike oil and aminocaproic acid.
The study included examining the effect on vascular tissue permeability to detect activity of the new gel formed drug for gingivitis pharmacotherapy.
The experiment found that the gel samples with triclosan at 0.5 cm/1 animal showed moderate vasofirming activity.
Research of the gel with the triclosan, spike oil and aminocaproic acid anti-inflammatory action were performed on karagenin edema model. Experimental proved that the developed gel has a mild anti-inflammatory effect and reduces the amount of edema by 27.8%.
In order to determine the influence of the developed gel exhibits pronounced hemostatic activity.
Therefore, the results of preclinical studies confirmed pronounced pharmacological effect and efficiency of the developed dental gel that can be recommended for further research and implementation in the medical and dental practices.
2. Roda R.P., Bagan J.V., Soriano Y.J., Romero L.G. Use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in dental practice. A review // Med. oral patol oral cir. bucal - 2007. - V. 12, N 1. - P. 10 - 18.
3. Artyushkevich A. S. Diseases of periodontal disease. - M .: Honey. Lit., 2006. - 328 p.
4. Roda R.P., Bagan J.V., Soriano Y.J., Romero L.G. Use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in dental practice. A review // Med. oral patol oral cir. bucal - 2007. - V. 12, N 1. - P. 10 - 18.
5. Portyanko V. S., Kovalenko S. M. Development of gel technology for the treatment of gingivitis / Problems of ecological and medical genetics and clinical immunology. - Kyiv-Lugansk, 2013. - Vip. 2 (116). - P. 237-244.
6. Portyanko V. S., Strilets O. P., Kovalenko S. M. Study of antimicrobial activity of a dental gel with triclosan / Problems of ecological and medical genetics and clinical immunology. - Kyiv-Lugansk, 2012. - Vip. 5 (113). - pp. 480-484.
7. Portyanko V. S., Kovalenko S. M. Development of complex action gel composition for the treatment of gingivitis // Mater. All-Ukrainian Science. conf. students and young scientists "Actual problems of creating new drugs". - Kharkiv, 2011. - P. 221-221.
8. Nuraliev Yu.N., Mednik G.L. Method of studying reactivity of capillaries of skin of white mice to the action of inflammatory stimuli // Pharmacol. toxicologist - 1970. - No. 8. - P. 34-35.
9. Pre-clinical research of medicinal products (method of recommendations) / Ed. O. V. Stefanova. - K.: Avicenna, 2001. - P. 84-90.
10. Guide to practical classes in physiology / Ed. prof. G.I. Kasitsky and prof. V. A. Polantseva. - Moscow: Medicine, 1988. - P. 142-143.
11. Lapach SN, Chubenko AV, Babich PN Statistical methods in medical-biological research using Excel. - M., 2001. - 320 p.
12. Basic methods of statistical processing of the results of pharmacological experiments / Manual for experimental (preclinical) study of new pharmacological substances. - Moscow: Remedium, 2000. - P. 349-354.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.