Peculiarities of pharmaceutical care during the dispensing of instruments for self-monitoring of blood glucose from pharmacies
The prevalence of diabetes mellitus makes the instruments for self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) needed. This group of products is realized by pharmacies. Pharmacist is obliged not only to choose some SMBG, but also to explain the rules of use, storage and care of them.
In consideration of the insufficient awareness of pharmaceutical specialists in these matters, the aim of our research was the development of pharmaceutical care algorithm during the SMBG realization. The methods of semantic analysis, comparison, synthesis, formalization, generalization and modeling were used.
The detailed block diagram of pharmaceutical care during the dispensing of blood glucose meters from pharmacies was developed. Pharmaceutical care on the pharmacist and pharmacy visitor (patient or members of his family) level has three stages. At the initial stage the issues of glucose meters selection are discussed. At the tracking stage the basic principles of glucose meters work, rules of the use, storage and home care, as well as manufacturer's warranty are considered. At the final stage the pharmacist conducts the control of mastering of information by the patient. preliminary stage
Three-stage block diagram as well as the verbal content of pharmaceutical care during the realization of blood glucose meters from pharmacies were conducted. The use of the diagram will improve the quality of medical and pharmaceutical care of patients with diabetes.
2. Bright N. B., Gromovik B. P., Boyko A. I. Research in the field of pharmaceutical diagnostics in determining the level of glucose in blood in patients with diabetes // Ukr. journ the clinic lab honey. - 2011. - No. 3. - P. 177-180.
3. Gromovik B.P., Propysnova V.V., Zupanets I.A. Conceptual issues of pharmaceutical burns // Clinical pharmacy, pharmacotherapy and honey. standardization. - 2009. - No. 1-2. - P. 39-42.
4. All about glucometers of their use [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.polismed.ru/glucometria-post001.html
5. Choosing a glucometer [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://dodo.net.ua/glucometers
6. Choosing a glucometer [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.03-ektb.ru/saharnyi-diabet/5629-vybor-gliukometra
7. Measurement of sugar (test strips and glucometers) [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://ua.apteka-doctor.com/articles/diab/glucometri.php
8. Which glucometer is better to choose [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://otlichnoezdorovie.ru/kakoj-glyukometr-luchshe-vybrat/
9. The criteria for choosing a glucose meter [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: norm.kiev.ua/?p=22
10. Measurement of the level of sugar at home [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.e-reading.co.uk/chapter.php/83697/38/Nazina_-_Saharnyii_diabet.html
11. How to choose a glucose meter [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: hllp: //electro-dom.com/health/glukometr.html
12. Before buying a glucometer [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.dialand.ru/gluc/before.htm
13. Kulikov A. Yu., Babin VV Pharmacoeconomic analysis of the use of a glucose meter. Contour TS in the treatment of patients with diabetes // Pharmacoeconomics. - 2013. - № 4. - P. 53-58.
14. How to choose a glucometer [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://diabet-help.ru/glyukometry/kak-vybrat
15. Diabetes mellitus: diagnosis, treatment, prevention [Electronic resource] / Ed. I. I. Dedova, MV Shestakova. - M .: LLC "Publishing house" Medical information agency ", 2011. - 808 p. - Access mode: http://www.diaeuni.ru/files/ucebnik1.pdf
16. Timofeev AV The device of necessity. Causes of errors when working with a glucose meter. III. Interpretation errors associated with different methods of calibration of glucometers // Diabetes. Lifestyle - 2011. - No. 1. - P. 3-6. - Access mode: http://dfomed.ru/articles/prichiny_oshibok_pri_rabote_s_glucometrom/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.