Study of influence of surface-active substances сoncentration on diltiazem releasing from rectal suppositories
Diltiazem is one of the most widely used calcium antagonist in clinical practice. The results of its action are the lowering of myocardium oxygen need, improvement of the coronary blood flow and reducing of arterial pressure. Side effects of its oral and injection administration can be smoothed over by the transmucosal administration of diltiazem, in particular rectal with using of suitable dosage forms.
The aim of this work is study of influence of surface-active substances (distilled monoglycerides) concentration on diltiazem releasing from rectal suppositories on factory fatty base which was carried out by the Kruvchinsky’s equilibrium dialysis method.
Concentration of diltiazem in dialysates was determined by the spectrophotometric method.
As a result of carried out biopharmaceutical investigation it was determined that concentration of the distilled monoglycerides in amount of 2% from suppository mass provided with optimal level of diltiazem releasing from a rectal dosage form.
2. Horbas I. M. Epidemiological aspects of the prevalence of arterial hypertension and dyslipidemia among the Ukrainian population // Health of Ukraine. – 2008. – N 6. – P. 30–31.
3. Dzyak G. V., Kanyukov A. A., Lyulka Yu. P., Pisarevskaya O. V. Actual questions of antihypertensive therapy. A rational choice of drugs: ACE inhibitors, diuretics, combined medications // Ukr. cardiol journ. – 2009. – N 1. – P. 34–39.
4. Dyadyk A. I., Bagry A. E. Arterial hypertension in modern clinical practice. – Donetsk: Nord-Press, 2006 – 322 p.
5. Kosarev V. V., Babanov S. A. Calcium antagonists: clinical and pharmacological approaches to use in arterial hypertension // Rus. med. journ. – 2010. – N 10. – P. 652–657.
6. Kirichenko A. A., Tankeeva Z. M. Antihypertensive and antianginal efficacy of diltiazemma // Ros. cardiol journ. – 2007. – N 2. – P. 106–110.
7. Demesheva I. V. The efficacy of prolonged calcium antagonist, inhibitor of 3-ketoacyl-coenzyme-a-thiolase and their combination in patients with stable angina pectoris in combination with chronic arterial hypertension: Author's abstract. dis ... Candidate med. sciences: special 14.00.06 "Cardiology"; 14.00.05 "Internal Diseases". – Tomsk, 2007. – 22 p.
8. Gilman A. G. Clinical pharmacology. – M.: Practice, 2006. – 434 p.
9. Kuchina L. K., Gladysheva S. A. Biopharmaceutical studies of soft rectal dosage form diltiazem / Current achievements of pharmaceutical technology and biotechnology: Mat. IV International science-practice conf. – Kharkiv, 2014. – P. 184.
10. Cash T. A., Martsenyuk V. P., Kucherenko L. I., Vronskaya L. V. Mathematical planning of the experiment in conducting scientific research in pharmacy. – Ternopil: TDMU, 2008. – 368 p.
11. Krowczynski L., Krasowaka H. Metody anallyczne stosowane waniaania biofarmaceutichychych // Biul. Inform Inst. Przem Pharm. – 1975. – V. 23, N 3. – P. 284–293.
12. Kuchina L. K., Gladysheva S. A. Investigation of solubility of diltiazem in some auxiliary substances for soft medicinal forms / Modern aspects of medicine and pharmacy 2013: Theses additional. 73 Allukr. science-practice conf. Mole scientists and students. from international participation – Actual questions of pharmaceutical and medical science and practice. – 2013. – N 12, Annex. – P. 211.
13. Monikina Yu. V., Tarkhanova O. O., Vasyuk S. O. and others. Quantitative determination of diltiazem in substance by spectrophotometric method // Ac. farm question med. science and practice. – 2012. – N 2 (9). – P. 56–58.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.