Historical preconditions of the creation of pharmacovigilance system in
The system of pharmacovigilance in the world appeared in response to series of tragedies related to the use of medicines. The largest of these were «sulfanilamide boom», «thalidomide tragedy» and «bomb with time mechanism».
In Ukraine, the pharmacovigilance system has existed since 1996, and since 2002 Ukraine has been a member of the WHO international monitoring program for side effects. In 2000–2001 appeared the first orders of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine that regulated the implementation of pharmacovigilance in Ukraine, and in 2007, when the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine № 898 came into force, the legislative framework in the pharmacovigilance system has been radically changed. This is connected with the reflection of the provisions of Directive 2001/83 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Community code relating to medicinal products in the order № 898.
Today, the development of pharmacovigilance in Ukraine is carried out through adaptation to European legislation, which is stipulated by the Law of Ukraine «On the National Program of Adaptation of Ukrainian Legislation to the Law of the European Union».
Among the prospects for the development of pharmacovigilance in Ukraine:
- introduction of amendments and additions to the legislative base of Ukraine in the context of pharmacovigilance;
- introduction of proactive management of the negative consequences of the use of drugs;
- introduction of the Automated Information System with the Pharmacovigilance System (AISЗ) into the health care system of Ukraine;
- dissemination of necessary knowledge about adverse reactions among the public, establishing the algorithm of action in case of an adverse reaction, the promotion of compliance and trust between the patient and the physician, reasoning of the rational, cautious and correct use of drugs and the prevention of self-treatment of serious conditions.
2. Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council of the EU no. 2001/83.
3. Historical aspects of the implementation of pharmacovigilance / State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http: // www. dec.gov.ua/site/files/farmakonaglyad/ist_asp.pdf
4. History - State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.dec.gov.ua/ index.php / ua / responsive / istoriya
5. Kolok A. Modern poisons: A brief overview of topical toxicology (How does all this affect us now and what threatens the future). - 2017 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://books.google.com/
6. Maltsev Volodymyr Ivanovich / Golden Pages of Ukrainian Medicine. - C. 136 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://who-is-who.ua/ main / page / zsum / 133/678
7. Matviyenko Yu. Benefits of medicine. Paul Ehrlich // Journal. "Medicine of the World". - 2015. - Vol. 39, No. 1 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://msvitu.com/archive/2015/july/article-8.php?print=1
8. Prikhodko O. Objectively about pharmacovigilance in Ukraine // Pharmacy. - T. 967, No. 46 [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http: //www.apteka. ua / article / 314135
9. Pryhodko O. The role and place of pharmacovigilance in regulating the circulation of medicines: do Ukrainian requirements meet European rules? //Pharmacy. - 2016. - No. 1044 (23) [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.apteka.ua/article/375996
10. Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of the EU no. 726/2004.
11. Saving Dyes / Journ. Russian Pharmacies. - 2011. - No. 17 [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://rosapteki.ru/stati/farmklass/spasitelnie-krasiteli /
12. Sukhomlinov Cyril "Doctors Who Have Changed the World" [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://med.wikireading.ru/52650
13. Chetley Andrew "Problem Drugs" [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.antibiotic.ru/books/pd/19.shtml
14. Green M.D. "Bendectin and Birth Defects: The Challenges of Mass-Toxic Substances Litigation", 1996 [Electronic resource]. - Access: https://books.google.com.ua/books?id=Tv9dCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA65&lpg=PA65&dq=thalidomide++neuritis+1960%5D&source=bl&ots=5ftOmrxE9F&sig=IQBGUu4hcc3zL6eOORJYIfqGXto&hl=ru&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEi42q9PfVAhVSSZoKHa20CmwQ6AEIezAP#v=onepage&q = thalidomide% 20% 20neuritis% 201960% 5D & f = false
15. Lenz W. Thalidomide and congenital abnormalities // Lancet. - 1962. - V. 1. - P. 45.
16. Lenz W. The History of Thalidomide // Extract from a lecture by Widukind Lenz on the history of Contergan (Thalidomide) given at the 1992 UNITH Congress with a photograph of Widukind Lenz.
17. Smithells R. W., Newman C. G. H. Recognition of Thalidomide Defects (Thalidomide: a brief history) // Thalidomide UK [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.thalidomideuk.com/thalidomide-history
18. Sneader W. Drug Discovery. A History. - John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2005.
19. The Importance of Pharmacovigilance. Safety Monitoring of medicinal products / WHO Collaborating Center for International Drug Monitoring / WHO Library Cataloguing-in-Publication Data. - 2002
20. White Junod S. FDA and Clinical Drug Trials: A Short History [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/ History / Overviews / ucm304485.htm
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.