Justification of technology of extemporaneous suppositories for prostatitis treatment based on the medicine «Trezivit-prost»
Chronic abacterial prostatitis is one of the most common diseases among the male population, both in Ukraine and abroad. Pharmaceutical compounding in conditions of the pharmacy allows individual selection of active substances and their doses, consideration of characteristics of the patient, etc.
The aim of this work was justification of the extemporaneous technology of suppositories preparation based on the medicine «Trezivit-prost» for the treatment of prostatitis.
The objects of research were suppositories with a complex of active ingredients (aspen bark dry extract, zinc sulfate heptahydrate and α-tocopherol acetate). When conducting research, the following pharmacotechnological, physical and chemical methods were used: the deviation of average weight, melting point, resistance to destruction, time of full deformation, according to the State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine.
Choice of cocoa butter as a suppository base when pharmaceutical compounding of these suppositories is reasoned.
Technology of preparation of extemporaneous suppositories for treatment of prostatitis is justified. The critical parameters of technological process are set. A flowchart of pharmaceutical compounding and quality control of combined suppositories at the pharmaceutical conditions is proposed.
The main quality indicators of combined suppositories are investigated. Based on the obtained results, the conclusion about the proper quality of suppositories received on the proposed extemporaneous preparation technology is made.
2. Yakovleva LV, Sakharova TS, Music N. Ya. Chronic prostatitis // Rational pharmacotherapy. - 2009. - No. 4 (13). - P. 55-57.
3. Fall M., Baranowski AP, Elneil S. et al. EAU Guidelines for chronic pelvic pain // European urology. - 2010. - N. 57. - P. 35-48.
4. Nickel J. C. Prostatitis and related conditions, orchitis and epididymitis / Campbell-Walsh Urology / Ed. W. S. McFougal. - 10th ed. - New York: Elsevier, 2012. - Chapter 11. - P. 327-356.
5. Tolochko KV, Yarnykh TG, Chushenko VM Biopharmaceutical research of rectal suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis // Ukr. biopharmac. journ - 2012. - No. 1-2 (18-19). - P. 4-6.
6. Pat. on the utility model No. u 64802. Pharmaceutical composition in the form of rectal suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis / Yarnykh TG, Tolochko KV, Chushenko VM, Maloshtan LM, Gladchenko O. M., Manzhura O. I. - Declared. 09. 03. 2011; Pubwished 25. 11. 2011, Bul. No. 22
7. Tolochko KV, Yarnykh TG, Gladchenko O. M. Substantiation of the choice of active substances of rectal suppositories for treatment of prostatitis // Vysn. pharmacy - 2012. - No. 1 (69). - P. 33-35.
8. Tolochko KV, Yarniy TG Development of the technology of suppositories under the conventional name "Trecitum-prost / / Farmats. a magazine - 2012. - No. 4 (24). - P. 50-53.
9. Yarnykh T.G., Tolochko EV, Chushenko VN Study of the assortment of suppository bases (review) // Khim.-Pharmac. journ - 2010. - No. 10 (44). - P. 21-26.
10. United State Pharmacopeia. - XXIV ed. - Rockville: The United State Pharmacopeial, 2000 - 2569
11. Requirements for the preparation of non-sterile medicines in pharmacies: Method. recommendations / Ed. OI Tikhonova, TG Yarnyh. - K .: Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 2005. - 98 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.