Antiseptic properties of aminoadamantane derivative
Development of microbial resistance to current antimicrobial drugs created a critical need of the new antiseptics. The object of our study was phenyladamantane derivative (4-(adamantyl-1)-1-(1-aminobutyl)benzol, AM-166). The aim of the presented study was to investigate the specific activity of 4% AM-166 solution in isopropanol and 5% AM-166 solution in 76% ethanol (manufactured by PJSC SIC «Borshchahivskiy CPP») against the wide spectrum of bacteria and fungi, and effective concentrations and exposition time determination. Desinfectant/antiseptic activity was evaluated by quantitative suspension method with subsequent neutralization.
Our results showed that both solutions exhibited similar activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria as well as against yeasts. Antibacterial and antifungal action was demonstrated for all investigated concentrations (initial solution, 5-fold and 10-fold dilutions), observed effect was maintained throughout the whole observation period (from 5 to 30 min).
Tested solutions in initial concentrations demonstrated fungicidal activity against A. niger. 5-fold dilution of 5% AM-166 solution in 76% ethanol was more effective than 5-fold dilution of 4% AM-166 solution in isopropanol. 10-fold dilutions of both solutions were ineffective against A. niger. The data obtained suggest the prospects of adamantane derivatives for the development of novel antiseptics.
2. Fomina N. S. Studying the formation of resistance in clinical strains of microorganisms to Gorosten, Deca, Miramistin // Vysn. morphology - 2013. - Vol. 19, No. 2. - P. 298-301.
3. Rimsha O.V., Sukhlyak VV Formation of resistance of microorganisms to antiseptic drugs // Prophylactic Medicine. - 2012. - Vol. 19, No. 3-4. - P. 37-40.
4. Fomin O., Fomina N. S., Kondratyuk V. M. Characteristics of biological properties of microflora isolated from injured wounds in the ATO zone // Biomedical and biosocial anthropology - 2016. - No. 26. - P. 136-139 .
5. Ahmadzjanova A. R., Aliyeva E. H., Maslov Yu. N., Kablinova T. V. Sensitivity to antiseptics - informative characteristic of microbial cultures // New science: strategies and development vectors. - 2017. - Vol. 2, No. 2. - P. 24-26.
6. DSTU EN 1040: 2004 Chemical detergents and antiseptics. Basic bactericidal activity. Part 1. Test method and requirements (stage 1). Scientific-production enterprise "Laboratory of medical equipment". - K .: Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine. - 2005. - 26 p.
7. DSTU EN 1275: 2004 Chemical detergents and antiseptics. Basic fungicidal activity. Test method and requirements (stage 1). Scientific-production enterprise "Laboratory of medical equipment". - K.: Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine. - 2005 - 24 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.