Сhronic toxicity testing complex phytopoliextraction of sedative action
Development and introduction in medical practice sedative meals on the base of complex phytopoliextracts from the domestic medical plants permitted for medical application is highly actual because of incrised incidence of abnormal psychology disorders determined by socioeconomical problems, global informative boom, ecological problems, worsening of life quality.
The aim of a study – determination of the sedative phytopoliextraction complex chronic toxicity parameters in experiments after oral administration to laboratory rats.
Standardized phytopoliextraction сomplex which is composed of extracts of medical plants (Valeriana officinalis L., Crataégus, Melissa officinalis L., Hypericum, Mentha piperita L., Húmulus lúpulus, Viburnum).
It was determined that phytopoliextraction complex is non-toxic compound – LD50 drug after a single oral administration to mice is > 5.0 ml/kg, to rats > 10.0 ml/kg. A two-month administration of a phytopolietextraction complex in an effective and sub-toxic dose (1 ml/kg and 5 ml/kg, respectively) does not exert a toxic effect on the general state of the behavior and the increase in the weight of the animals. Phytopolietextraction complex in the subtotoxic dose does not change the functional state of the CNS in male rats, but in the effective state it increases the research activity. At the same time, it exerts a certain stimulating effect on females, due to the content of ethyl alcohol, and in a sub-toxic dose has a hypoglycemic effect largely due to the presence of ethyl alcohol.
Thus, futher experiments have to be provided to learn other chronic toxicity parametres like local localirritating action, embrio- and gonadotoxicity.
2. Savelieva O. V., Vladimirova I. M. Analysis of the nomenclature of sedative and hypnotics in Ukraine. // Farmats a magazine - 2015. - No. 3. - P. 40-43.
3. Kovalenko V. N., Viktorov A. P. Compendium - Drugs. - K.: Morion, 2016. - 2270 p.
4. Diachok I. L., Pinyazhko O. R. Development of the method of quantitative determination of organic acids in complex phytoplime extractants // Ac. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2016. - No. 2. - P. 52-57.
5. Buresh Ya., Bureshova O., Houston D. Methodologies and basic experiments on studying the brain and behavior. Per. from english - M .: Higher school, 1991. - P. 119-122.
6. Preclinical research of medicinal products. Method. recommendations State Pharmacological Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. - K., 2002. - 566 pp.
7. Kovalenko VM, Stefanov O.V., Maksimov Yu.M., Trakhtenberg I.M. Experimental study of toxic effects of potential medicinal products. Preclinical studies of drugs. Method. recommendations - K .: VD "Avicenna", 2001. - P. 74-91.
8. Trakhtenberg I. M., Sova R. E., Sheftel V. O., and others. The problem of norm in toxicology. (Modern concepts and methodological approaches, basic parameters and constants). - Moscow: Medicine, 1991. - 204 p.
9. Salykina AA, Mukhambetova L. Kh. Medico-biological aspects of unfavorable action on the body of ethyl alcohol // Hygiene and sanitation. - 1989. - No. 3. - P. 55-59.
10. Aryal P., Dvir H., Choe S. et al. A discret alcohol pocket involved in GIRK channel activation // Nat. Neurosci - 2009. - N. 12. - P. 988-995.
11. Drug allergy: diagnosis and management Clinical guideline [CG183] Published date: September 2014.
12. Porebski G., Gschwend-Zawodniak A. W. J. Pichler In vitro diagnosis of T cellmediated drug allergy // Clinical & Experimental Allergy. - 2011. - V. 49, N 4. - P. 461-470.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.