UV-spectrophotometric study of the 7-((3-thio-4-R-1,2,4-triazole-3-yl)methyl)-theophyllines
Chemistry of the 1,2,4-triazole derivatives recently attracts the attention of many scientists, mainly due to the presence of the number of the valuable pharmacological properties. In modern medical practice, there are many examples of successful heterocyclic systems derivatives usage. First of all, it is a group of drugs with antifungal activity (fluconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole, pozakonazol), antidepressant activity (alprazolam, triazolam), anticancer activity (anastrozole, letrozole). But despite the great practical importance of works in this area, the structure of 1,2,4-triazoles-3-thione derivatives have been studied imperfectly. Therefore, the study of this class of compounds is actual now.
The aim of this work was to study the UV-spectra of the research compounds in different polarity solvents (water, 95% ethanol, 0,1 M and 1 M sodium hydroxide, 0,1 M and 1 M hydrochloric acid, 0,1 M and 1 M sulfate acid solution, chloroform, isopropanol, acetonitrile and dioxane) for structure–spectral data relationship establishing.
Spectrophotometer SPECORD 200-222U214 was used to study the UV-spectra of the analyzed compounds and to measure their intensity.
During the research, it was found that the electronic spectra of 7-((3-thio-4-methyl-1,2,4-triazoles-5-yl)methyl)theophylline, 7-((3-thio-4-ethyl-1,2,4-triazolе-5-yl)methyl)theophylline and 7-((3-thio-4-phenyl-1,2,4-triazolе-5-yl)methyl)-theophylline were characterized by maximums in the short-wave (203–235 nm) and medium-wavе part (250–272 nm) of UV-spectrum.
Due to the presence of the methylene fragment in investigated molecules, which connects the purine cycle with 1,2,4-triazole, absorbtion maximums were caused by π→π*-electron jumping of the corresponding type 1La and 1Lb.
2. Parchenko V.V., Buryak V.P., Panasenko O.I. and others. UV absorbance spectra of 5- (furan-2-yl) -4-R-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione derivatives. Spectral characteristic and study of thion-thiol tautomerism of 4-alkyl- and aryl derivatives of 5- (furan-2-yl) -4-R-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2008. - No. 6. - P. 91-95.
3. Buryak V.P., Parchenko V.V., Panasenko O.I. and others. Ultraviolet absorption spectra of derivatives of 5- (furan-2-yl) -4-R-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione. Basic optical characteristics of the absorption electron bands of 4-alkyl and aryl derivatives of 5- (furan-2-yl) -4-R-1,2,4-triazole-3-thione // Bulletin of Pharmacy. - 2009. - No. 2 (58). - P. 8-11.
4. Gotsula A. S., Mykolasyuk O. O., Panasenko O. I. and others. Synthesis and study of physico-chemical properties of 2- (5 - ((theophyllin-7'-yl) methyl) -4-phenyl-4H-1,2,4-triazolol-3-ylthio) acetate acid salts // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2014 - No. 1 (82). - P. 91-94.
5. Korolkov A. Essentials of molecular pharmacology, background for drug design. - N.Y .: Acad. Press, 2000 - 215
6. Katritsky A. R. Physical methods in the chemistry of heterocyclic compounds. - Moscow: Chemistry, 1966. - 658 p.
7. Stern E., Timmons K. Electronic absorption spectroscopy in organic chemistry - Moscow: Mir, 1994. - 295 p.
8. Kier L. B. Molecular orbitale in chemical pharmacology. - N.Y., 2001. - 314 p.
9. The European Pharmacopoeia of the 4th edition - Geneva: World Health Organization, 2006. - V. 1. – 1500 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.