State administrative and legal delict regarding the optimization of drug provision for the rural population
The formation of Ukrainian statehood is related to the solution of critical social issues on the legislative and regulatory legal maintenance of reforming the pharmaceutical industry, in particular, to ensure the physical and price affordability of medicines in all localities of the country. Particularly pressing problem has developed with the drug provision for the rural population.
The objective was to study the problem of drug provision for the rural population and to make accordingly the proposals for optimizing its organization and solving the most pressing problems of rural pharmacy.
The studies were based on results of drug monitoring service provision in localities of a few regions. There were used the methods of survey of experts and residents in rural areas, and statistical data.
Traditionally Ukraine used to have the well-organized and effective legal system of drug provision for the rural population. The pharmacies were opened in all the rural outpatient clinics and rural health posts.
Subsequently, we failed to maintain a broad rural network of pharmacies. The rural pharmacies in many villages are closed as unprofitable, besides in some feldsher's stations and rural health posts there are no pharmacies, and a shortage of medicines. In some rural areas, there are no organizational forms of providing the population with drugs.
The introduction of the government 7% of VAT on imported drugs in 2014 led to the rise in the cost of medicines from 50% to 200% which caused reducing the drugs sale and this was the reason for closing rural pharmacies because of their unprofitability.
The lack of proper medical care is one of the negative factors affecting the rural population. During the years of independence in Ukraine there have disappeared 600 villages and 400 rural settlements. The scientific publications present different forms of drug providing in the rural areas like special automatic dispensers in retail outlets for over-the-counter drugs, «Pharmacy on wheels» organizations and others.
During this period, it is impossible to solve the problem of the medicinal maintenance of the rural population only on the basis of commercial approaches. There fore, legislative and governmental levels must be involved as well as social approaches and the specific measures for proper functioning of the rural pharmacy network must be developed.
The heads of the rural communities and the State Service of Ukraine on Medicinal Products should be responsible for organizing the drug provision for the population in specific localities and it should be regulated at the legislative level.
Studying the drug provision service for the rural population proves the necessity to adopt state legislative regulation on the problem and take practical measures by the communities for improving this field of healthcare.
It is advisable to include the regulation on exemption the rural pharmacies from real estate taxes in the new Law «On the local self-administration» to be planned to adopt by the Verkchovna Rada of Ukraine as well as the regulation on state budget financing the local communities to pay over residential premises for the rural pharmacies, irrespective of the form of ownership, utilities services. Should be substantiated the proposals for the government to abolish VAT on medications which are provided in the rural pharmacies.
2. Schur E. The thorny way of reforming the industry - interview with Academician of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine L. Pirogom // Voice of Ukraine. - 2014. - № 56. - P. 14.
3. Analysis of financial and economic activity of the pharmacy network and enterprises of Ukraine in 1991 / Instruct-method. mater Ukrainian Scientific Research Center of Pharmacy "Scientific-Production Association" Ukrfarmatsiya "". - 1992. - 81 p.
4. Yanshin U., Saranchuk V. M. Pharmacy on wheels // Mirror of the week. - 2014. - No. 27. - P. 12-13.
5. Law of Ukraine "On Medicinal Products" No. 123/96-VR of 04.04.1996.
6. According to the materials of the foreign press. Disposable medicines - fast success // Journal. Mr. Blister. - 2014. - No. 2. - P. 3.
7. Chirva O. Who is in the way of a rural pharmacy // Uriadovy Courier. - 2014. - No. 101. - P. 10.
8. Kabrichenko T. Prices of drugs under state control // Journal. Mr. Blister. - 2014. - No. 2. - P. 28-29.
9. Zimenkovsky AB System approach to assessing the quality of medical care in the period of modern health care reform in Ukraine // Vysn. social hygiene and health care organization of Ukraine. - 2009. - No. 2. - P. 42-45.
10. Ponomarenko V. M., Zimenkovsky A. B. The urgency of the problem of quality of medical care at the present stage of health care reform in Ukraine // Vysn. Of Ukraine. - 2004. - P. 48-52.
11. Bobruk V.P., Kotlinsky I.V. Organization of pharmaceutical provision of the rural population of Vinnytsya / Zab. mater science-practice conf. from international participation, dedicating 50th Anniversary of the establishment of the Department of Organization and Economics of Pharmacy at the Lviv National Medical University named after Danylo Halytsky, Lviv, September 25-26, 2014 / Ed. B.P. Hromovik, A.V. Gorilykh. - Lviv: "Raster-7", 2014. - P. 16-19.
12. Ponomarenko V. M., Zimenkovsky A. B. Improving the quality of pharmacotherapy in cases of combination with nicotine, alcohol or caffeine // Vysn. social hygiene and health care organization of Ukraine. - 2006. - No. 1. - P. 50-52.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.