Improvement of the methods for process efficiency assessment of the formulary system introduction at the local level
One of the strategic tools of quality management of medical care in modern conditions is introduction of the formulary system, which requires an adequate mechanism for assessing its efficiency, into practical work of healthcare institutions. Such a mechanism is monitoring, which is advisable to carry out using the corresponding indicators presented in the Guidelines for monitoring and assessment of efficiency of the formulary system at the stage of its introduction approved by the order of the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine dated 29. 10. 2010 N 918 (hereinafter – Guidelines).
The aim of our work is to develop additional monitoring indicators that would allow objectively and effectively to assess the process of the formulary systemintroduction at the local level.
When developing additional indicators for the formulary system monitoring at the local level the methodology set out in the Guidelines is used.
The research resulted in development of six process indicators (PI 7–PI 12) and the result indicator (RI 4) in addition to the basic ones. They will allow conducting quantitative assessment along with qualitative assessment of efficiency of the formulary system introduction at the local level.
The authors suggested to complete the list of indicators presented in the Guidelines adding the indicators developed, as well as to include them in the form of the report of the regional Formulary Committee on the state of implementation of the formulary system in hospitals approved by the order of the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine dated 22. 06. 2014 N 429 «On Amendments to the Order of the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine dated July 22, 2009 N 529», with further development of the Report Form of pharmacotherapeutic commissions on the state of implementation of the formulary system.
2. On approval of the Methodological recommendations on monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the formular system at the stage of its implementation: the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 28.10.2010 No. 918 [Electronic resource]. Method. recommendations - Mode of access: http://moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/dn_20101028_918.html
3. About the establishment of a formular system for the provision of medical facilities for health care institutions: the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 22.07.2009 № 529 [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://www.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/dn_20090722_529.html
4. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 26.06.2014 № 429 "On Amendments to the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of July 22, 2009 No. 529" [Electronic Resource]. Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0824-14
5. Kabachna AV, Shelkova EV, Kabachniy O.G. Utilization of Utility Analysis of Drugs for Assessing the Validity of Their Inclusion in the Local Form of Health Care Institution // Family Medicine. - 2014 - No. 5 (55). - P. 160.
6. Kabachna AV, Shelkova EV, Kabachniy O. G. Conducting pharmacotherapeutic commissions of health care institutions analysis of the use of budget funds for medical support: Method. recommendations - Kharkiv: KhMAPO, 2014. - 25 p.
7. Kabachna AV, Parfenova I. I., Shelkova EV, Kabachniy O. G. Methodology of teaching the members of the pharmacotherapeutic commissions of health care institutions to the principles of conducting ABC / VEN-analysis of rational use for medical provision of budget funds for Using Microsoft Office Excel: Method. recommendations - Kharkiv: KhMAPO, 2014 - 30 s.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.