Hypoglycemic activity of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Shrad. dry extract
Phytotherapyof diabetes mellitus has several advantages over his chemotherapy: a wide range of biologically active substances, complex and physiological effects on the organism, low toxicity. That is why the search for ever new and more effective herbal remedies for the treatment of this disease is an urgent problem of medicine and pharmacy.
The aim of investigations was to study the hypoglycemic activity of medicinal plant Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Shrad. in the acute experiment on the model of alloxan diabetes in rats. The object of study is a dry extract of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Shrad.
Daily for seven days animals with experimental diabetes was orally administered herbal extract in dose of 200 mg / kg. Glucose levels in the blood of animals were recordedon the third and seventh day. At the same time blood glucose level wasmeasured inanimal groups of diabetic and non-diabetic controls.
Studies have shown that the dry extract of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Shrad. causes a statistically significant decrease of blood glucose in rats with alloxan diabetes. Thus its hypoglycemic activity was more pronounced on the seventh day of the experiment and was 40.3%.
2. International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas 6th Edition, 2013. - P. 7-9.
3. Novikov VP, Konechna R. T., Stadnitskaya N. E. Phytomedications in the treatment of diabetes // Phytotherapy. A magazine - 2007. - No. 3. - P. 9-15.
4. Fouzia A., Miloud B., Daoudi Chabane-Sari et al. Citrullus colocynthis: a desert plant native in Algeria, effects of fixed oil on blood homeostasis in wistar rats // J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour. - 2011. - V. 1, N 3. - P. 1-7.
5. Gurudeeban S., Rajamanickam E., Ramanathan T. et al. Antimicrobial activity of Citrullus colocynthising ulfofmannar // Int. J. Curr. Res - 2010. - V. 2. - P. 78-81.
6. Yoshikawa M., Morikawa T., Kobayashi H. et al. Bioactive saponins and glycosides. Structures of new cucurbitane-type triterpene glycosides and antiallergic constituents from Citrullus colocynthis // Chem. Pharm Bull - 2007. - V. 55, N 3. - P. 428-434.
7. Gurudeeban S., Ramanathan S., Ramanathan T. Bitterapple (Citrullus colocynthis): an overview of chemical composition and biomedical potentials // Asian J. Plant Sci. - 2010. - V. 9, N 7. - P. 394-401.
8. Sereda P. I., Lamazyan G. R., Aslanyan S. A. and others. Study of the fatty acid composition of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Shrad lipid complex. // Phytotherapy. A magazine - 2012. - No. 4. - P. 49-51.
9. Chekman I.S., Lamazyan G.R. The Influence of Dry Extracts of Citrullus colocynthis on the Activity of the Heart and the Condition of Hemodynamics in Rabbits. // Recipe. - 2014 - No. 4 (96). - P. 44-48.
10. Kovalev VN and others. Practicum on pharmacognosy: Uch. manual for a student. universities / Under the general. Ed. V. N. Kovalev. - Kharkiv: NFaU; Golden Pages, 2003. - P. 64-65.
11. Sanadgo N.A., Najafi Sh., Ghasemi L.V. et al. Study of the inhibitory effects of Citrulluscolocynthis (CCT) using the hydro-alcoholic extract on the expression of citokins: TNF-α and IL-6 inhighfatdiet-fedmiceto ward sacure for diabetes mellitus // J. Pharmacognosy Phytother. - 2011. - V. 3, N 6. - P. 81-88.
12. Lakshmi B., Sendrayaperumal V., Subramanian S. Beneficial effects of Citrullus colocyn these seeds were studied in alloxan-induced diabetic rats // Int. J. Pharm. Sci Rev. Res - 2013. - V. 19, N 1. - P. 47-55.
13. Issa A., Hassan A., Ahmed J. et al. The hypoglycemic and antihyperglycemic effect of Citrullus colocynum this fruitaqueo usextract in normal and alloxan diabetic rabbits // J. Ethnopharmacol. - 2000. - N 71. - P. 325-330.
14. Santos F. Al., Frota J. T., Arruda B. R. et al. Antihyperglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of α, β-amyrin, and triterpenoid mixture from Protium heptahyllumin mice // Lipidsin Health and Disease. - 2012. - V. 11, N 98. - P. 1-8.
15. Elmazar M., El-Abhar H. S., Schaalan M. F. et al. Phytol / phytanic acid and insulin resistance: the potential role of phytanic acid tested by docking simulation and modulation of biochemical alterations // PLoS ONE. - 2013. - Vol. 8, N 1. - P. 1-10.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.