Review of antibacterial and antifungal activity of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives
Derivatives of 1,2,4-triazole is a very perspective class of heterocyclic compounds which have high therapeutic effectiveness. The main direction of research on these derivatives are antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, soothing, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory and other activities.
The aim was to analyze literature data and generalize recent advances in the study of antimicrobial and antifungal action of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives which can help to create new biologically active substances of this type of activity. Bibliosemantical method, systems thinking and the results of our own research were used in the work.
The results of the literature review of antimicrobial and antifungal activity among new alkyl, aryl and heteryl derivatives of 1,2,4-triazole and among complex compounds, which contain 1,2,4-triazole are as ligands were analyzed and systematized. Some dependence of this type of activity on specialty of chemical structure of heterocyclic system derivatives was specified.
Perspective of purposeful synthesis of new derivatives of 1,2,4-triazole and products of their transformation as available object for studying biological activity and expanding knowledge about antimicrobial and antifungal activity of this class of heterocyclic compounds were shown with informational analysis. Topicality and practical importance of finding biologically active compounds and receiving biologically active substance by synthesis of new derivatives of 1,2,4-triazole with high antimicrobial activity in relation to gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria were demonstrated.
2. Gouverneur V., Muller K. Fluorine in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry. From Biophysical Aspects to Clinical Applications (Molecular Medicine and Medicinal Chemistry) // Hardcover. - 2012. - V. 6. - 572 p.
3. Dickinson RP, Bell A. S., Hitchcock C. A. et al. Novel antifungal 2-aryl-1- (1H-1,2,4-triazol-1-yl) butan-2-ol derivatives with high activity against Aspergillus fumigates // Bioorg. Med. Chem Lett - 1996 - N 6 - P. 2031-2036.
4. Espinel-Ingroff A., Shadomy S., Gebhart R. J. In vitro studies with R 51,211 (itraconazole). // Antimicrobials Agents Chemotherapy. - 1984 - N. 26. - P. 5-9.
5. Popiołek Ł., Kosikowska U., Mazur L.et al. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel 1,2,4-triazole and 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives // Med. Chem Res - 2013. - Vol. 22, Issue 7. - P. 3134-3147.
6. Calu L., Badea M., Falcescu D. et al. Thermal study on complexes with Schiff base derived from 1,2,4-triazole as potential antimicrobial agents // J. Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. - 2013. - V. 111, Issue 3. - P. 1725-1730.
7. Suresh Kumar G.V., Prasad Y. R., Chandrashek S. M. Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of novel 4-isopropylthiazole-4-phenyl-1,2,4-triazole derivatives as potential antimicrobial and antitubercular agents // Med. Chem Res - 2013. - V. 22, Issue 2. - P. 938-948.
8. Sumangala V., Poojary B., Chidananda N. et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some Schiff bases of 4-amino-5- (4-methylsulfonyl) benzyl-2,4-dihydro-3H- [1,2,4] triazole-3-thione // Ibid. - 2013. - Vol. 22, Issue 6. - P. 2921-2928.
9. Xiao H., Li P., Hu J. et al. Synthesis and Antibacterial Activity of Novel 5,5 '- (Pyridine-2,6-Diyl) bis (4-Arylideneamino-3-mercapto-1,2,4-triazole) -Related Derivatives // Appl. Biochem Biotech - 2014. - Vol. 172, Issue 4. - P. 2188-2196.
10. Sokmen B. B., Gumrukcuoglu N., Ugras S. et al. Synthesis, Antibacterial, Anti-Virus and Antioxidant Activity of Some New 1,2,4-Triazole Schiff Base and Amine Derivatives // Ibid. - 2015. - V. 175, Issue 2. - P. 705-714.
11. Prozorova G. F., Korzhova S. A., Kon'kova T. V. et al. Antimicrobial activity of silver-poly (1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole) nanocomposites / Russian Chem. Bull - 2011. - V. 60, Issue 4. - P. 671-675.
12. Weal A. El-Sayed, Randa E. Abdel Megeid, Hebat-Allah S. Abbas. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new 1 - [(tetrazol-5-yl) methyl] indole derivatives, their 1,2,4-triazole thioglycosides and acyclic analogs // Archives of Pharmacol. Res -2011. - V. 34, Issue 7 - P. 1085-1096.
13. Saade H. A., Mosleh I. M., Al-Bakr A. G., Mubarak M. S. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new 1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol metronidazole derivatives // Monatshefte für Chemie - Chemical Monthly. - 2010. - V. 141, Issue 4. - P. 471-478.
14. Upmanyu N., Kumar S., Porwal P. et al. Synthesis and evaluation of 4- (substituted) -acetylamino-3-merkapto-5- (4-substituted) -phenyl-1,2,4-triazole derivatives as antimicrobial agents // Med. Chem Res - 2012. - Vol. 21, Issue 8. - P. 1967-1976.
15. Tang R., Jin L., Mou C. et al. Synthesis, antifungal and antibacterial activity for novel amide derivatives containing a triazole moiety // Chem. Central J. - 2013. - N 7. - 30 p.
16. Colanska-Ragenovic K., Dimova V., Kakurinov V. et al. Synthesis, Antibacterial and Antifungal Activity of 4-Substituted-5-Aryl-1,2,4-Triazoles // Molecules. - 2001. - N 6. - P. 815-824.
17. Kahveci B., Özil M., Menteşe E. et al. Microwave-assisted synthesis and antifungal activity of some new 1H-1,2,4-triazole derivatives // Russian J. Org. Chem. - 2008. - V. 44, Issue 12, - P. 1816-1820.
18.Chai X., Yu S., Jiang Y. et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives as an antifungal agent // Arch. Pharmacol Res - 2012. - V. 35, Issue 11. - P. 1895-1901.
19.Wang Q., Zhang J., Guri L. V. Damu et al. Synthesis and biological activities of thio-triazole derivatives as novel potential antibacterial and antifungal agents. Sci. China Chem. - 2012. - V. 55, Issue 10. - P. 2134-2153.
20. PatilB. S., Krishnamurthy G., Lokesh M. R. et al. Synthesis of some novel 1,2,4-triazole and 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives of biological interest // Med. Chem Res - 2013. - Vol. 22, Issue 7. - P. 3341-3349.
21. OzkirimliS., SubakT. I., KirazM., Yegenoglu Y. Synthesis of New Triazolyl-N, N-Dialyldithiocarbamates as antifungal agents // Arch. Pharmacol Res - 2005 - Vol. 28, Issue 11. - P. 1213-1218.
22. Kanagarajan V., Thanusu J., Ezhilarasi M. R., Gopalakrishnan M. Solvent-free single-pot synthesis, characterization, antibacterial and antifungal activity of novel spiro-piperidinyl-1,2,4-triazolidine-3-thione // Chem. Heterocyclic Compounds. - 2011. - V. 47, Issue 1. - P. 60-66.
23. Guri L. V. Damu, Qing-Peng Wang, Zhang H. et al. A series of naphthalimide azoles: Design, synthesis and bioactive evaluation as potential antimicrobial agents // Sci. China Chem. – 2013. – V. 56, Issue 7. – P. 952–969.
24. Yan Y., Yu S., Chai X. et al. Synthesis and antifungal activity of novel triazole derivatives // Arch. Pharmacol. Res. – 2011. – V. 34, Issue 10. – P. 1649–1656.
25. Hashemi S. M., Badali H., Faramarzi M. A. et al. Novel triazole alcohol antifungals derived from fluconazole: design, synthesis, and biological activity // Molecular Diversity. – 2015. – V. 19, Issue 1. – P. 15–27.
26. Joshi S. D., More Y., Vagdevi H. M. et al. Synthesis of new 4-(2,5-dimethylpyrrol-1-yl)/4-pyrrol-1-yl benzoic acid hydrazide analogs and some derived oxadiazole, triazole and pyrrole ring systems: a novel class of potential antibacterial, antifungal and antitubercular agents // Med. Chem. Res. – 2013. – V. 22, Issue 3. – P. 1073–1089.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.