Clinical and economic analysis of pharmacotherapy for patients with ulcer in the terms of prepaid funds
Digestive diseases are the third leading cause of appeals in all age groups for medical help after the pathologies of the circulatory and respiratory system. In Ukraine, the number of patients needing specialized gastroenterological care is annually increasing. In addition, medical and demographic situation is exacerbated under conditions of a difficult social and economic situation.
Previous experience of the pharmaceutical provision of prepaid funds’ (PF) members by medications pointed out the need to improve their cost-effectiveness.
In order to analyze pharmacotherapy of gastroenterological patients, a clinical and economic analysis of 4069 medical prescriptions of Zhytomyr region PF’ members with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer treated for the period 2010–2014 was conducted.
According to ABC-analysis in the analyzed period the proportion of medications included in group A, increased by 5.95%. The proportion of medications of group B practically unchanged and was 18,49%, 21,62%, 23,23%, 20,95% та 22,92% respectively. However, in 2014 the proportion of medications of group С decreased at 10.38% in comparison with 2010.
VEN-analysis showed that the highest number of medications (69.79%) belongs to the category N (not necessary), that defines the need for further search for ways to reduce the costs of not necessary medications. Medications of the category E (essential) accounted for 9.38% of the total assortment and category V (vital) represented by 20.83%.
As a result of integrated clinical and economic analysis, it was found that in 2014 the largest part of the costs 25 281.04 UAH (42,76%), associated with the pharmaceutical provision of patients with peptic ulcer disease, accounts for 8 INN, which were the most expensive (group A) and vital (Group V).
2. Kotvitskaya A.А., Khodakovskaya V.P., Surikov А.А. International experience and role of the sickness funds in the system of public health and pharmaceutical provision of the population // Наукові ведомости Белгород. state un-that - 2013. - No. 11 (154), Iss. 22/2 - P. 10-17.
3. Akhelova S. Phrmacoepidemiological and pharmacoeconomic estimates of a drug formulation based on the model of a clinic providing highly specialized medical care // Medical and Helth Sci. J. - 2011. - V. 8. - P. 111-114.
4. Nemchenko A. S., Kosyachenko K. L., Korzh Yu. V. Methodology of pharmacoeconomic evaluation of new technologies of pharmacotherapy for patients with HIV / / Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy. - 2012. - No. 1 (21). - P. 72-77.
5. Arustaman G., Yegorov E., Lipsky S. Clinical and Economic Analysis and its Role in Healthcare Quality Management // World Applied Sci. J. - 2013. - V. 27 (3). - P. 318-323.
6. Frolov M. Yu., Barkanova O. N., Shatalova O. V. The method of carrying out of ABC / VEN-analysis // Levarny Vestnik. - 2012. - Vol. 6, No. 6 (46). - P. 3-6.
7. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated June 13, 2005, No. 271 "On approval of medical treatment protocols in the field of gastroenterology" [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/dn_20050613_271.html
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.