Research of plant mixtures of raspberries (Rubus idaeus L.) leaves
One of the most actual problem of modern pharmaceutical chemistry is standardization of herbal raw materials and improvement of methods of quality control multicomponent herbal medicines. A promising way to improve standardization procedures multicomponent herbal medicines is to use the marker compounds – substances whose presence is characteristic only for certain medicinal plants.
Purpose. Exploring the possibility of qualitative and quantitative standardization raspberries leaves included to plant mixture by the presence and content of ellagic acid.
The object of study was herbal mixture and raw materials from the raspberry leaves. Chromatographic studies of raw materials was carried out by liquid chromatograph Shimadzu ser. 20, equipped with a diode-array detector using a column Phenomenex Luna C18 (2).
Method for determination of ellagic acid in the raw materials from the raspberry leaves was developed using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Using the developed methodology were analyzed 5 series of the raw materials from the raspberry leaves, that were collected at different regions of Ukraine. In all the samples were identified and quantified ellagic acid. Its content ranged from 0,31 ± 0,0827% до 0,53 ± 0,0362%, based on the dry raw material. Determined that raspberry leaves can be standardized in the mixtures of 7 plant raw materials based on the presence and content of ellagic acid.
It was developed the method for determination of ellagic acid in the raw materials from the raspberry leaves using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). There were analyzed 5 series of the raw materials from the raspberry leaf, that were collected at different regions of Ukraine. Determined that raspberry leaves can be standardized in the mixtures of 7 plant raw materials based on the presence and content of ellagic acid.
2. Compendium. Drugs 2007. T. 1. / Ed. VM Kovalenko, O.P. Viktorov. - K: Morion, 2007. - 1128 p.
3. Compendium. Drugs 2007. Т. 2. / Ed. VM Kovalenko, O.P. Viktorov. - K: Morion, 2007. - 1126 p.
4. Lapach SN, Chubenko AV, Babich P. N. Statistical methods in medical-biological research using Excel. - K .: Morion, 2000. - 320 p.
5. Razzhivin AV, Reshetnyak V. Yu., Kuzmenko A. N., Nesterova OV, Popkov VA. Possibility of using specific markers of certain types of medicinal plant material in the analysis of multicomponent plant charges and phytochees // Vestn. Moscow un-that Sir 2. Chemistry. - 2009. - Vol. 50, No. 2. - P. 129-132.
6. Buricova L., Andjelcovic M., Cermakova A. Antioxidant Capacity and Antioxidants of Strawberry, Blackberry, and Raspberry Leaves // Czech. J. Food Sci. - 2011. - V. 29, N 2. - P. 181-189.
7. European Medicines Agency / Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products. - March 2012. - R. 4-6.
8. Gudej J., Tomczyk M. Determination of Flavonoids, Tannins and Ellagic Acids in Leaves from Rubus L. Species // Arch. Pharm Res - 2004, No. 27, No. 11. - R. 1114-1119.
9. Xiang L., Xing D., Lei F. et al. Effects of the season, variety, and processing method of ellagic acid content in pomegranate leaves // Tsinghua science and technology. - 2008. - V. 13, N 4. - P. 460-465.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.