Evaluation of pharmacotherapy of patients with measles in the hospital by ABC-, VEN- and frequency analysis
The use of a routine vaccination to prevent infectious diseases have proved to be effective for many years. However, to date, due to lack of government funding for the timely ensuring by the necessary vaccines of polyclinics, there is an extremely low level of vaccination coverage, which leads to an increase the number of cases of infectious diseases.
The aim of the work was the implementation of a complex clinical and economic analysis of the pharmaceutical ensuring in the treatment of measles, which is considered one of the most highly contagious infectious diseases.
Cards of patients, which were treated in the infectious department of the city hospital of Sumy during the period 2009–2014, were used as objects of research. Data analysis was conducted using ABC-, VEN- and frequency methods.
According to the results of frequency analysis it was found that the largest number of appointments was for medicines, which by ATC-classification belong to the group R – Respiratory system medications (38,26% of the total appointments). According to the ABC analysis it was found that the share of costly drugs, that form the group A, is 34,17%. VEN-analysis showed that most drugs, namely 49,15%, were necessary. Based on data from complex clinical and economic analysis it was found that the largest share of expenditures, namely 48,86%, accounted for medicines with the status A/V, expensive and vital. The calculated sum of expenses on drugs for treatment of one patient with measles is 1 545,74 UAH.
Taking into account the existence of effective vaccines against measles, ensuring the creation of sustainable immunity and preventing diseases, the most appropriate in the fight against infectious disease is to improve the state ensuring of polyclinics by vaccines for timely preventive vaccination of children according to the National Immunization Schedule.
2. Principles of pharmacoeconomic analysis of drug therapy [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10147037
3. Program complex "Pharmacy" of "Morion" company [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://pharmbase.com.ua/poisk/
4. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 08.04.2014 № 252 "On approval of the sixth issue of the State Form of Medicines and ensuring its availability" [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://uphiq.org/service/moz/moz_22042014
5. Resolution of the CMU dated 25th of March 2009 # 333 "Some issues of state regulation of prices for medicines and medical products" [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ 333-2009
6. Kuprash L.P., Grinenko Yu.O. Pharmacoeconomic analysis of medical therapy in the conditions of the hospital // Pharmacoeconomics. - 2014 - # 3 (32). - P. 17-20.
7. Morozov AM, Yakovleva LV, Bezditko NV and others. Assessment of the clinical and economic feasibility of the use of medicinal products in the medical-preventive institution (support of the formular system). Method. recommendations - Kharkiv: Style-Publishing, 2013. - 36 p.
8. Nemchenko AS, Yakovleva O. S. Clinical and economic analysis of pharmaceutical provision of patients with drug addiction // Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy. - 2011. - No. 5. - P. 52-57.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.