Identification and determination quantitative composition of flavonoids grass common toadflax (Linaria vulgaris Mill.)
Providing each person and affordable medicine sinsufficient quantities–one of the main tasks of any state. One source of creation of new effective drugs is a medicinal plant material of appropriate quality and proven pharmacological activity. An important stage of standardization medicinal plant material is the establishment of qualitative and quantitative features of biologically active substances that accumulate in it. According to the literature common toadflax herba (Linaria vulgaris) family Scrophulariaceae contains a substantial amount of flavonoids that may cause a wide spectrum of pharmacological activity.
The aim of the work was the identification and quantification composition of flavonoids in the grass common toadflax.
The object of the study was the crushed grass common toadflax. The identification of flavonoids was carried by thin layer chromatography and using conventional quality reaction. Determination quantitative content was carried the spectrophotometric method.
Layer chromatography and qualitative reactions proved the presence of flavonoids in the grass common toadflax.
Quantified flavonoid content in the grass common toadflax by direct spectrophotometry, which amounted to 9,34 ± 0,02%.
The dependence of the flavonoid content of the raw material storage time. The content of flavonoids in the three years of storage of raw materials fell by 16%. During the first year of storage reduction is 6%, for the second – 8%, for the third year no significant changes found, their number is reduced by an average of 1–1.5%.
Obtained results will be used for development projects of quality control methods for raw materials and the monograph «Linaria vulgaris herba» for inclusion in the NPU.
2. Zarivna N.O., Vronskaya L.V. On the standardization of grasses of thyme creeping on the content of flavonoids // Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy. - 2012. - No. 5 (25). - P. 21-27.
3. Kochetova MV, Semenistaaya E. H., Larionov O. G., et al. Determination of Biologically Active Phenols and Polyphenols in Different Objects by Methods of Chromatography, Uspekhi Chemistry. - 2007. - Vol. 76, No. 1. - P. 88-100.
4. Dobrochayeva D. N., Kotov M. I., Prokudin Yu. N. and others. Determiner of higher plants of Ukraine. 2nd ed. - K .: Scientific Opinion, 1987. - 548 pp.
5. Smaliukh O.G., Sur S.V. Standardization of wild carrot fruit composition and content of flavonoids // Ac. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2013. - No. 1 (11). - P. 88-93.
6. Travnik: golden recipes of folk medicine / Sost. A. Markov - M .: Exmo-Forum, 2007. - 928 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.