Study of the rheological characteristics of the praziquantel semisolid dosage form for external use
Structural-mechanical characteristics exert a significant influence on the processes of the medications releasing, absorption in ointments and their consumer properties: spreadability, adhesion, extrudability from the tubes. In this connection evaluation of the rheologic properties is an important and inevitable fragment of the investigations in the realm of making of the semisolid dosage forms for the dermatologic practice.
Efficient composition of the semisolid dosage form – ointment (cream) with praziquantel for the topical etiotropic pharmacotherapy of the acne similar dermatosis was developed on the department of technology of medication in Zaporozhye State Medical University as a result of the complex physico-chemical, pharmacotechnological and microbiological investigations.
The aim of this work is study of consistent properties of the developed ointment composition.
Study of structural-mechanical characteristics of the composition was carried out by the rotary viscosimeter Reotest-2 with cylindrical arrangement.
As a result of the experiment it was established that consistent properties of the cream for external use with praziquantel 3% are practically thoroughly situated within rheologic optimum of consistence limits. Mechanical stability (1,19) describes composition as an exceptionally thixotropic system which provides with restorability after applying tension and allows to predict stability of consistent properties during a long-term storage.
Calculated factors of dynamical flowing of the praziquantel topical dosage form on the emulsion base (Кd1 = 41,82%; Kd2 = 67,22%) quantitatively confirm satisfactory spreading degree of the system during application on the mucous membranes or in manufacturing process.
Insignificant divergence of rheologic characteristics of the cream with praziquantel 3% for external use and its base indicates a deficiency of interactions between active substance and excipients.
2. Kurina AV, Ryzhov AA, Gladyshev VV, Solov'eva V.P. Study of the consistent properties of the instillation line-gel for the treatment of purulent-inflammatory diseases of the maxillofacial area // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2012. - No. 6 (75). - P. 66-67.
3. Almohammad Zhumaa Abdullah, Gladyshev VV, Burlaka B. S., Maletskii N. N. Study of rheological properties of the nasal dosage form of captopril // Ibid. - 2013. - No. 6 (81). - P. 78-80.
4. Peppers I. M., Kotenko AM, Chueshov O. V., Khaleeva E. L. Pharmaceutical and biological aspects of ointments. - Kharkiv: Publishing house NFU "Golden Pages", 2003. - 288 p.
5. Melnikova NV, Fukleva L. A., Puchkan L. A., Zhadan I. S. and others. Investigation of rheological properties of vaginal cream with essential oil of thyme // Ac. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2010 - Voip. XXІІІ, No. 4. - P. 46-47.
6. Gladysheva SA, Gladuk EV, Pukhalskaya IA, et al. Study of the consistent properties of gel for the prevention and therapy of alopecia // Ibid. - 2010. - No. 1. - P. 30-32.
7. Gladyshev VV, Fedotov VP, Romanin D. M., Bribesh Mohamed Ridha Cream preparation for external application of anti-demodex action in pharmacy conditions // Inform. A letter from the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. - 2014. - Vip. 22 of the questions "Pharmacy". - No. 217-2014. - 4 s.
8. Romanina D. М., Kolycheva N. L., Gladysheva S. A. Study of microbiological purity of cream for external use with praziquantel // Sb. thesis Vseukr. science-practice conf. young scientists and students from international. with the participation of "Modern problems of medicine and pharmacy - 2014". - Zaporozhye, 2014. - P. 190.
9. Gladyshev VV Theoretical and experimental substantiation of the creation of soft medicinal forms of antimycotic action: Dis. ... Dr. farm. Sciences: 15.00.01 - Zaporozhye, 1997. - 363 p.
10. Tentsova A.I., Gretsky VM Modern aspects of the study and production of ointments. - Moscow: Medicine, 1980. - 191 p.
11. Gritsenko VI Development of the composition and technology of a soft dosage form with heparin and methyluracil: dis.kand. farm Sciences: 15.00.01. - Kharkiv, 2005. - 129 p.
12. Tilig Mabruk, Gladyshev VV Influence of the form of the carrier-base on the structural and mechanical properties of the soft form of sodium hypochlorite for external use // Pharmac. a magazine - 2009. - No. 1. - P. 32-34.
13. Arkusha A. A. Investigation of structural-mechanical properties of ointments in order to determine the optimum of consistency: Author's abstract. dis ... Candidate farm Sciences: special 15.00.01 «Technology of medicines and organization of pharmaceutical business». - Kharkiv, 1982. - 23 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.