Analysis of the range of medicines for treatment of acne on the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine
Acne is one of the most common medico-social diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue; it significantly affects the psycho-emotional and the social components of the life’s quality of patients. The topical issue of pharmacotherapy is providing patients with a sufficient number of effective, safe and affordable medicines for the treatment of this nosology, therefore the research of the range of medicines for treatment of acne in the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine became the purpose of the work.
The data of the Information Retrieval System «State Register of Medicines of Ukraine» and the reference book «The Compendium 2014 – Medicines» were used for the study. The following methods of research were used: systematic, comparative and meta-analysis (the study of domestic and foreign publications on the problem of acne, statistics); marketing analysis (the analysis of the structure of the market of medicines); graphical method (visual, diagrammatic representation of the results of the research), as well as the method of narrative and abstract modeling and synthesis (the formulation of the conclusions and recommendations).
In the treatment of acne means of local and systemic therapy, which in the pharmaceutical market of Ukraine are presented by 25 trade names, are applied. The domestic medicines for treatment of acne are presented by 7 names, account for only 28% of the total, and are produced by 5 Ukrainian producers. The imported medicines for treatment of acne are presented by 18 names, account for 72% of the total, and are manufactured by foreign pharmaceutical companies from 13 countries of the world. All medicines for the systemic therapy of acne and the majority of medicines for the local therapy (3 groups of 5) are presented only by the imported preparations without domestic counterparts that indicate to the dependence on imports and to the low level of physical and economic availability to consumers.
2. European Manual for the Treatment of Dermatological Diseases: Per. from english / Ed. A. D. Katsambas, T. M. Lotty. - Moscow: MedPress-inform, 2008. - 736 p.
3. Samtsov AV Acne and acneform dermatosis: a monograph. - M .: Utcom, 2009. - 288 p.
4. Hay R. J., Johns N. E., Williams H. C. et al. The global burden of skin disease in 2010: an analysis of the prevalence and impact of skin conditions [Electronic Resource] // J. Invest. Dermatol - 2014. - V. 134 (6). - R. 1527-1534. - Mode of access: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24166134
5. Global burden of disease. World Health Organization [Electronic Resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.who.int/topics/global_burden_of_disease/en/
6. Schofield J. K., Grindlay D., Williams H. C. Skin Conditions in the UK: a Health Care Needs Assessment. - UK: Center of Evidence Based Dermatology, University of Nottingham, 2009. - 158 p.
7. Andersen L. K., Davis M. D. The Epidemiology of Skin and Skin-Related Diseases: A Review of Population-Based Studies Using the Rochester Epidemiology Project // Mayo Clinic Proceedings. - 2013. - V. 88, Issue 12. - P. 1462-1467.
8. Prevalence of Skin Disorders in the Population. Incidence and Prevalence [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.globale-dermatologie.com/en/prevalence-de-problemes-de-peaux-dans-la-population
9. Louise K., Andersen M. D., Mark D. et al. The Epidemiology of Skin and Skin-Related Diseases: A Review of Population-Based Studies from the Rochester Epidemiology Project [Electronic resource] // Mayo Clinic Proceedings. - 2013. - V. 88 (12). - R. 1462-1467. - Mode of access: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC 3905957
10. Prevalence Statistics for Types of Skin Conditions [Electronic Resource]. Incidence and Prevalence - Mode of access: http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/s/skin_conditions/prevalence-types.htm
11. Results of the activity of the health care sector of Ukraine: 2013 [Electronic resource]. - K., 2014. - 172 pp. - Mode of access: http://www.uiph.kiev.ua/dawnload/Vidavnictvo/Rezultati%20dijalnosti%20OZ.%202013.pdf
12. Handbook "Compendium 2014 - Medicines" [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://compendium.com.ua/
13. Information retrieval system "State Register of Drugs of Ukraine" [Electronic resource]. - Mode of access: http://www.drlz.kiev.ua
14. Kotvitskaya A.A., Carlo V.V. Marketing analysis of assortment of the Ukrainian market of medicines used for treatment of psoriasis // Problems of social hygiene, health care and history of medicine. - 2013. - No. 3. - P. 50-53.
15. Mnushko ZN, Pestun IV Theory and practice of marketing research in pharmacy: Monograph. - Kharkiv: Publishing House of NFUU, 2008. - 308 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.