Motivation of obtaining higher pharmaceutical education of students of the National Pharmaceutical University
Choice of profession is the main factor in the further life of man, his attitude to himself and the world.
When choosing a profession, a person is guided by a number of motives. In modern society, the motives of high school students are influenced by many socio-psychological factors: material living conditions, new reforms in secondary and higher education, individual-psychological characteristics of a senior pupil, his abilities, communication skills, families and socialization. All this causes changes in the motivational system of the individual, which in turn influences the process of choosing the future profession.
All of the above proves the importance and urgency of studying the motives for the choice of the specialty and university by applicants.
The research topic is the motives for choosing a university and specialty and their role in the formation of future professionals.
The purpose of the study is to determine the channels for obtaining information about the university and the specialty, identifying the motives for choosing a university and the first impressions of being at the university.
The subject of the study is students of the National Pharmaceutical University 1 course of pharmaceutical faculties N 1, N 2, N 3.
The subject of the research is the motives for choosing a university and specialty, awareness of the profession, the sustainability of professional choice, satisfaction with the chosen institution and specialty.
Methods of research – on-line questioning, study and analysis of data received during the survey.
The results of the survey showed that social and professional motives for obtaining education, along with an orientation toward self-development, became the most significant for future pharmacists. It is found out that freshmen have inherent characteristics of creative confidence both in relation to the future profession and in relation to studying at the university. It was revealed that the Internet site takes the first place among the main channels for obtaining information about the NUPh and a specialty, but a significant potential is determined in the provision of information by college teachers, although this channel was not actively used by first-year students. It can be argued that the scientific and pedagogical staff of the university are dealing with students who positively perceive modernity and innovation. On the basis of data analysis, a portrait of a freshman from the NUPh was compiled.
2. Anan'yev B. G. K psikhologii studencheskogo vozrasta // Sovr. psikhologo-pedagogicheskiye problemy vysshey shkoly. – L., 1969. – Vyp. 2. – S. 34–35.
3. Lisovskiy V. T., Dmitriyev A. V. Lichnost' studenta / Leningradskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet im. A. A. Zhdanova. – L.: Izd-vo Leningradskogo universiteta, 1974. – 184 s.
4. Astakhova V. I. Student KHKHÍ veka: sotsial'nyy portret na fone obshchestvennykh transformatsiy. – Khar'kov: NUA, 2010. – 408 s.
5. Sokuryanskaya L. H. Novoe pokolenye: nadezhdy, tsely, ydealy (dvadtsat' let spustya) / Metodolohiya, teoriya ta praktyka sotsiolohichnoho analizu suchasnoho suspil'stva: Zb. naukovykh prats'. – Kharkiv: KHNU imeni V. N. Karazina, 2013. – S. 448–459.
6. Horodets'ka O. H. Osoblyvosti motyvatsiyi abituriyentiv pry vybori vyshchoho navchal'noho zakladu // Youth in Central and Eastern Europe. Sociological Studies. – 2014. – № 1. – R. 51–57.
7. Horodets'ka O. H. Vybir vyshchoho navchal'noho zakladu ochamy studentiv-pershokursnykiv (sotsiolohichnyy analiz) / Zb. tsentru naukovykh publikatsiy «Veles» za materialamy mizhnar. naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi: «Dosyahnennya nauky v 2015 rotsi», m. Kyyiv: zb. statey (riven' standartu, akademichnyy riven'). – K.: Tsentr naukovykh publikatsiy, 2015. – S. 108–113.
8. Absalyamova Yа. V. Profesiyna adaptatsiya molodykh vykladachiv inozemnoyi movy do roboty u vyshchykh tekhnichnykh navchal'nykh zakladakh: Avtoref. dys. ... kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.04. In-t vyshch. osvity APN Ukrayiny. – K., 2005. – 20 s.
9. Blazhivs'kyy S. M. Ponyattya adaptatsiyi u suchasniy naukoviy literaturi // Nauk. visnyk. – 2014. – № 1. – S. 233–242.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.