Study of influence of bases-carriers on biological activity f vasopressin in nasal dosage forms
Search of drugs and methods of medical treatment of mental disorders, among which the leading place belongs to nootropic medicinal products, is still of current importance.
Among the latter, a special place belongs to peptides of vasopressin derivatives, which stimulate both processes of learning and memory. At systemic administration of peptides, their further use has difficulties due to high biodegradation rate and low bioavailability. Therefore, to use alternative transmucosal ways of administration, particularly intranasal way with appropriate soft dosage forms is promising for vasopressin derivatives.
The aim of this work is to study influence of bases–carriers of nasal soft dosage forms of vasopressin on its nootropic activity. Arginine-vasopressin in concentration of 0.000005% – synthetic analogue of vasopressin was used as active substance. Ointment bases, which are widely used in production of ointments, described in literature and without allergic and sensitizing manifestations after application, were studied as carriers for investigated soft dosage form of arginine-vasopressin.
A specific activity was recorded for all selected compositions in the form of latent period of conditioned passive avoidance reaction in non amnestic white rats after nasal ointment application. It was found that the kind of base-carrier has a significant impact on biological activity of vasopressin in nasal dosage forms.
Analysis of results shown that the nature of investigated ointment bases has a significant influence on latent period of conditioned passive avoidance response for the nonamnesic white rats after applying nasal ointment with AVP (arginine- vasopressin). In such a way sort of the base exerts a statistically significant influence on biological activity of vasopressin in nasal dosage forms.
Examination of average value difference of latent period conditioned passive avoidance response for the nonamnesic white rats after applying nasal ointment with AVP 0,000005% by the Duncan’s multiple rank test was carried out. Variance analysis of results shown that nasal ointment with vasopressin on the lanolin–paraffin base has an optimal nootropic activity.
2. Kessler R. C., Aguilar-Gaxiola S. et al. The global burden of mental disorders: an update from WHO World Mental Health (WMH) Surveys // Epidemiol Psichiat Social. - 2009. - V. 18, N 1. - P. 23-33.
3. WHO. The global burden of disease: 2004 update. - Geneva: WHO, 2008. - 160
4. Yastrebov V. S., Mitichina I. A., Mitichin VG, and others. Mental health of the world's population: socio-economic aspect (according to foreign studies 2000-2010) // Journal. neurology and psychiatry. - 2012. - No. 2. - P. 4-13.
5. Damulin I.V., Shprah V.V. Clinical manifestations, treatment and prognosis of dementia development in patients with postnatal cognitive impairment, Zh. neurology and psychiatry them. SS Korsakov - 2012. - No. 8, Vip. 2. - pp. 40-45.
6. Zakharov VV, Risk Factors and Prevention of Cognitive Disorders in the Old Age // Ibid. - 2012. - No. 8. - P. 86-91.
7. Cherkasova V.G., Zimushkina N.A., Krivoshchekov O. F., et al. Neurological Assistance to Patients with Cognitive Impairments in the Perm Territory // Ibid. - 2012. - No. 10, Ex. 2: Neurology and psychiatry of the elderly. - P. 65-66.
8. Yevtushenko I. S. Nootropes and neuroprotectors in modern clinical neuropharmacology // International. neurological journal - 2013. - № 3. - P. 20-27.
9. Clinical pharmacology with elements of clinical biochemistry: Hand-in for doctors and wedge. Providers / Ed. S.V. Nagiev, T. D. Bakhteyeva, I. A. Zupants. - Donetsk: Noumedgi, 2011. - 930 p.
10. Sokolova L.V., Pavch O.I. Influence of ointment bases on antimicrobial properties of nasal preparations on the basis of natural components / Mat. ХІІІ International honey. Congress of Students and Young Scientists. - Ternopil, 2009. - P. 204.
11. Lisyanskaya AP, Gladyshev VV, Kechin IL Biorhythmic studies of intranasal soft dosage form with enalapril maleate // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2010. - Issue XXIII, No. 4. - P. 42-45.
12. Gladyshev VV, Almohamad Zhumaa Abdullah, Lisyanskaya AP, Kechin IL The study of the influence of carriers on the intensity of release of captopril from nasal mild drug forms // Kuban Nauk. honey. vestn - 2013. - № 5. - P. 69-73.
13. Nagornaya NA, Gladyshev VV, Kechin IL Development of optimal composition of intranasal soft dosage form with Winpacetin / Man and medicine - Ukraine: Theses additional. National congress - K., 2014. - p. 8.
14. Peptsov I. M., Dmitrievsky D. I., Rybachuk V. D. Additives in the technology of medicines: influence on technological, consumer, economic characteristics and therapeutic effectiveness - Kharkov, 2010. - 600 p.
15. Cash T. A., Martsenyuk VP, Kucherenko L. I. and others. Mathematical planning of the experiment in conducting scientific research in pharmacy. - Ternopil: Ukrmedkniga, 2008. - 368 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.