Study of antibacterial activity of combined vaginal pessaries with fluconazole and amaranth oil
Today the problem of treatment of vaginal candidosis and creation of effective drugs for the treatment of this disease is actual for modern gynecology and pharmacy.
Vaginal candidosis is a variety of fungal infection that is cause by microscopic fungi of Candida, which are conditionally pathogenic. These fungi are the part of the normal human microflora, but in adverse conditions begin to proliferate.
Treatment of vaginal candidosis is the etiological and includes applying local antifungal medicines. Ukrainsan pharmaceutical market is represented by drugs of synthetic substances which have considerable side effects and a high level of resistance. Drags based on natural substances are practically absent.
The objective of the work was experimental study of antibacterial activity combined vaginal pessaries for the treatment of vaginal candidosis.
Models of new extemporaneous pessaries containing fluconazole and amaranth oil were the object of the study. The traditional method «diffusion in the agar» was used in the work. Microbiological studies were conducted on the basis of the
Mechnikov Institute under the supervision of candidate of biological sciences Osolodchenko T. P. The diffusion of the drug in agar was carried by the «wells» metod. Statistical processing of results was carried out in accordance with the requirements the State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine.
It is established that pessaries exhibit a pronounced antimicrobic properties and do not concede on the known activity of the drug fluconazole, entitled «Fusys». The proposed composition of the pessaries allows to obtain the drug with significant antimicrobial and antifungal effects and satisfactory physical and chemical characteristics.
2. Ilkit M., Guzel A. B. The epidemiology, pathogenesis, and diagnosis of vulvovaginal candidosis: a mycological perspective // Crit. Rev. Microbiol - 2011. - V. 37, N 3. - P. 250-261.
3. Golovkin VA Vaginal drugs. - Zaporozhye, 2000. - 272 p.
4. Pat. for invention No. 91423. Pharmaceutical composition in the form of vaginal suppositories / Kruty T.V., Strelets O.P., Burian K.O., Buryan G.O. - Submitted. 17. 11. 2008; Pubwished 26. 07. 2010, Bull. No. 14
5. Compendium 2013 - Drugs / Ed. V. N. Kovalenko. -K .: Morion, 2013. - P. 2360.
6. Strukova E. G., Efremov AA, Sokolova L. S. The Effect of Siberian Region Essential Oils on Conditionally-Pathogenic Microorganisms // Chemistry Rast. raw materials - 2009. - No. 4. - P. 79-82.
7. Gavrilin MV, Markova O. M., Lykhota T. T. et al. Basic physical and chemical indices of amaranth oil / Development, research and marketing of new pharmaceutical products: Sat. scientific tr - Pyatigorsk, 2008. - Issue 63. - S. 270-272.
8. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific-Expert Center". 1 view, 2 extra. - Kharkov: RIREG, 2008. - 620 p.
9. State Pharmacopoeia of Ukraine / State Enterprise "Scientific Expert Pharmacopoeia Center". 1 view. - Kharkiv: RIREG, 2001 - 556 pp.
10. Pat. on the utility model № u 93885. A tool in the form of pessaries for the treatment of gynecological diseases / Yarny TG, Levachkova Yu.V., Chushenko VM, Skitter SM - Received. 25th March 2014; Pubwished 27. 10. 2014, Bull. No. 20
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.