Research of acute toxicity of the drug HEXIA
Diseases of the genitourinary system caused by pathogenic and potentially pathogenic microorganisms, which result into disbiosis of urinary organs, remain an urgent problem of dermatovenereology, gynecology and urology, despite the fact that there is a significant number of available and new medicines to treat them.
The aim of the work was to determine the safety of the preparation Hexia within experiments on animals.
The acute toxicity of Hexia has been determined on 20 adult female laboratory rats under the conditions of hourly intravaginal administration of the preparation with a dose of 70 mg/kg during 12 hours, as well as on 20 female laboratory rats and 20 female laboratory mice with a single intragastric administration in a dose of 145 mg/kg. The assessment of the impact of the preparation studied was performed on the basis of the following parameters: a) mortality (terms of death of animals in each group, on a daily basis); b) assessment of toxicity development (on a daily basis), including an assessment of the visual environment of the area of injection (the presence of irritation, redness, edema); c) dynamics of body weight changes (in the initial state, on the 4th, 7th and 14th day after application); d) macroscopy of internal organs, mass coefficients of internal organs within rats (on the 14th day).
It has been found that intravaginal application and a single intragastric administration of the preparation Hexia in the form of pessaries, which contain chlorhexidine digluconate, does not result into death of rats and mice, brings no effect on body weight gain, integrative parameters of the functional state of laboratory animals as well as on the relative mass of internal organs, which implies the absence of significant toxic effect of the preparation. Thus, the results of the studies conducted indicate that the median lethal dose for Hexia in case of intravaginal application to rats or intragastric administration to rats and mice is beyond the rate of 500 mg/kg. According to the toxicological classification of substances Hexia belongs to the IV class of toxicity – low toxic substances.
2. Efimov B. A., Tyutyunnik V. L. Bacterial vaginosis: modern view on the problem // Breast Cancer. - 2008. - Vol. 16, No. 1. - P. 18.
3. Teleteina F.K., Vasilkova E.V., Shilyaeva E.G., Sushentsova T. V. Pre-visual training in non-specific inflammatory processes of external genitalia // Obstetrics and gynecology. - 2011. - No. 6. - P. 103-107.
4. Dodova E. G., Apolihina I. A., Gorbunova EA, Borodina E. A. Complex treatment of inflammatory diseases of the lower sections of the genital tract in women // Ibid. - 2015. - No. 6. - P. 129-135.
5. Kovalenko І. M. Investigation of antiseptic properties of suppositories deseptol, hexicon // Biomedical and biosocial anthropology. - 2014 - N. 22. - P. 113-117.
6. Karpissky T.M., Szkaradkiewicz AK K. Chlorhexidine - pharmaco-biological activity and application // Europ. Rev. Med. Pharmacol Sci 2015. N 19. - P. 1321-1326.
7. Druzhinina O. S., Skorinkin AI. Investigation of mechanisms of action of chlorhexidine and dimefosfon on water transport in erythrocytes // Structure and dynamics of molecular systems (electronic journal). - 2009. № 7, A. - P. 53-64.
8. Kasikhina E. I. Chlorhexidine: an overview of therapeutic possibilities and potential clinical indications in the practice of obstetrician-gynecologist and venereologist // Obstetrics and gynecology. - 2013. - № 4. - P. 4-9.
9. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 944 of 14.12.2009 "The Procedure for Preclinical Study of Medicines and Examination of Materials for Preclinical Study of Medicinal Products".
10. Product Monograph Pride Peridex® Oral Rinse (Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12% Antihingivitis Oral Rinse). - 3M ESPE, 2008 - 1 p.
11. Guidelines for pre-clinical drug research. Part one - M .: Grif and K, 2012. - 944 p.
12. Preclinical research of medicinal products: Method. recommendations / Ed. O. V. Stefanova. - K .: Avicenna, 2001. - 528 p.
13. Rebrova O. Yu. Statistical analysis of medical data. Application of the STATISTICA application package. 3rd ed. - M .: Media Sphere, 2006. - 312 p.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.