Study of the structural-mechanical properties of cream with minoxidil
Evaluation of the reological characteristics is an important and integral part of the investigations in a field of the semisolid forms creating for the dermatologic practice. As a result of the complex physico-chemical, pharmaco-technological and microbiological investigations rational composition of semisolid dosage form with minoxidil for external use was scientifically based by the department of the technology of medications Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
The aim of this work is a study of the consistent properties of the developed cream-mask with minoxidil for stabilization of hair growth process and recovery of men’s and women’s hair-covering with androgenous alopecia.
2% minoxidil cream on the emulsive base and excipients were chosen as objects of investigation. Study of the consistent properties was carried out on the rotary viscosimeter Reotest-2 with cylindrical arrangement.
It was established that consistent properties of the 2% minoxidil cream for external use are situated within the reological optimum of ointment consistence limits. Also the mechanical stability (1,03) describes the formulation as exceptionally thixotropic composition with possibility of restoration after mechanical loads and this fact allows to predict stability of the consistent properties during a long storage.
Factors of dynamic flowing for the trichological dosage form with minoxidil on the emulsive base (Кd1 = 33,58%; Kd2 = 66,37%) quantitatively confirm sufficient degree of distribution at the time of spreading composition on the skin surface of the hairy part of head or during technological operations of manufacturing.
Insignificant difference of rheologic rates of the minoxidil 2% cream for external use and its emulsive base indicates the lack of the interactions between active substance and the excipients.
2. Smelova N. N., Kovalev VV, Yarnykh T. G. Use of rheological indicators to ensure the quality of ointments / Quality management in pharmacy. Mate. VІІІ sciences-practice. Conf., Kharkiv, May 23, 2014 - Kharkiv: View of the NFUU, 2014 - P. 130.
3. Sysuyev B. B., Stepanova E. F. Investigation of viscosity properties of elastic-viscoplastic homogeneous systems with a natural mineral bishofit // Fundamental research. - 2011. - No. 11-1. - P. 212-214.
4. Korytniuk R. S., Zagory G. V., Tarasenko V. A., and others. Some questions of rheology of soft dosage forms / Zb. sciences works co-work NMAPO named after P. L. Shupyk. - 2012. - No. 21 (4). - pp. 430-437.
5. Khusnutdinova R. R., Kildiarov F. H., Gabitov R. M., et al. Research of rheological properties of protective ointment with methyluratsilum / Innovative technologies in pharmacy. Sat scientific tr ed. E. G. Goryachkina. - Irkutsk: IGMU, 2015. - P. 168-170.
6. Kovalev VV, Yarnykh T. G., Kovalev VN Research of rheological properties of ointment with dry extract of poplars of Chinese // West. pharmacy - 2016 - No. 1 (71). - P. 15-20.
7. Gladyshev VV, Gnicko IV, Lisyanska A. D., Dyudyun AD The study of the intensity of release of minoxidil from ointment bases // Nauk. Statement of Belgorod State. un-that Series Medicine. Pharmacy - 2014. - No. 24 (195), Iss. 28. - P. 242-245.
8. Gnytoko IV The study of the microbiological purity of the cream with minoxidil for external application / Act. problems and prospects of development of natural, chemical and pharmaceutical sciences. Mate. IV regional. practical sciences. conf. studio and say scientists. - Zaporizhia, 2015. - pp. 108-109.
9. Al Zedan Fadi, Gladyshev VV, Burlaka B. S., Biryuk I. A. Study of the consistency properties of the intranasal dosage form of amlodipine // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2012. - No. 1 (70). - P. 55-57.
10. Gladyshev VV, Kuchina G. K., Burlaka B. S., Biryuk I. A. Investigation of rheological properties of soft nasal dosage form of diltiazem // Ac. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2013. - No. 1 (11). - P. 69-72.
11. Dyachkova L.V., Truhacheva T.V., Zhebentyаev AI Study of structural and mechanical properties of ointment bases // West. pharmacy - 2012. - No. 3 (57). - P. 23-28.
12. Almohammad Zhumaa Abdullah, Gladyshev VV, Burlaka B. S., Maletskii N. N. Study of rheological properties of nasal dosage form of captopril // Zaporozhye. honey. journ - 2013. - No. 6 (81). - P. 78-80.
13. Romanina D. M., Gladyshev VV Study of rheological characteristics of the cream for external use with praziquantel / Technological and biopharmaceutical aspects of the creation of medicinal preparations of different direction of action. Mate. II International science-practice internet conf. - Kharkiv, 2015. - pp. 372-373.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.