Study of influence of the surface-active substances concentration on releasing of praziquantel from the rectal suppository
Acne dermatosis (rosacea, perioral dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis etc.) are one of the most actual problem in dermatology. Praziquantel is an antiparasitic medication effective towards trematodes, cestodes. Investigations developed by domestic scientists revealed antidemodicosis activity of praziquantel. Use of semisolid dosage forms for rectal administration will allow to increase its efficacy and minimize the risks of adverse reactions.
On the department of technology of medications Zaporizhzhia State Medical University research of development of praziquantel rectal dosage form for therapy of acne dermatosis, complicated with demodicosis, and its technology is carried out. As a result of biopharmaceutical investigations it was determined that combination of excipients – the base (confectionary fat 60%, 10% paraffin, 30% cocoa butter) and surfactant (distilled monoglycerides) provides with the optimal praziquantel releasing.
The aim of this work is study of excipient using in manufacturing of suppository (bases and surfactants) influence on the biopharmaceutical characteristics of praziquantel rectal dosage form.
Investigation was carried out by the one-factors dispersive analysis with repeated observations By way of a parameter of optimization praziquantel releasing was chosen as the first step of bioavailability investigation. Praziquantel releasing from suppository was studied by the equilibrium dialysis by Kruvchinsky’s method at temperature 37 ± 0,5 °С through a cellophane semipermeable membrane «Kuprofan» film using Franz diffusion cell apparatus. Ethyl alcohol was chosen as a dialysis medium considering the solubility of praziquantel. Concentration of released praziquantel after 30 minutes of the dialysis was determined by spectrophotometric analysis.
As a result of biopharmaceutical investigation of praziquantel suppositories it was determined that surface-active substances (distilled monoglycerides) concentration has a statistically significant influence on its releasing from rectal dosage form. It was ascertained that 0,5% concentration of distilled monoglycerides provides with the optimal releasing of praziquantel from rectal suppositories.
2. Elistratova L. L., Potaturkina-Nesterova N. I., Nesterov AS The modern state of the problem of demodexis // Fundamental research. - 2011. - No. 9. - P. 67-69.
3. Elistratova L. L. Treatment of acne-like dermatoses complicated by demodicosis / 12 World Congress "Health and Education in the 21st Century": Nauk. journ the original articles "Health and Education in the 21st Century". - M., 2011. - P. 489.
4. Kogan B. G., Golovchenko D. Ya. Modern approaches in the complex treatment of patients with demodicosis and pink acne / / Clin. immunology. Allergology. Infectology: View. for a doctor-practice. - 2011. - No. 1. - P. 38-43.
5. Verhovodiya IV, Pinson I. Ya. Modern approaches to the diagnosis and therapy of scabies // Treatment physician. - 2012. - No. 5. - P. 56-59.
6. Dyudyun AD, Polion NN, Gorbuntsov VV, Zakharov SV Effectiveness of the use of secnidazole in the complex treatment of patients with acne-like lesions in the face of a person // Ukr. journ dermatology, venereology, cosmetology. - 2014. - No. 2. - P. 96-101.
7. Sulim AG Prazikvantel in the treatment of patients with rosacea, demodicosis and perioral dermatitis // Visn. Sumy state un-th Series Medicine. - 2010. - No. 1. - P. 158-161.
8. Cash T. A., Martsenyuk VP, Kucherenko L. I. and others. Mathematical planning of the experiment in conducting scientific research in pharmacy. - Ternopil: TDMU, 2008. - 368 p.
9. Kuchina L. K., Gladyshev VV, Kechin I. L., Pukhalskaya I. A. Influence of auxiliary substances on the release of diltiazem from rectal suppositories // Nauk. Statement of Belgorod State. un-that Series Medicine. Pharmacy - 2014. - No. 18 (189), Issue 27. - P. 234-237.
10. Monajkina Yu.V., Vasyuk S.O., Romanin D.M., Pukhals'ka I.O. Quantitative determination of praziquantel in medicinal form by spectrophotometric method // Ac. question of pharmacy. honey. science and practice. - 2014 - No. 1 (14). - P. 62-64.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.